summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

a wonderful grandma day!

 

Rhys and Ruth, cousins...Rhys will be two in June, Ruth in August.
Grant and I put together this puzzle, which is over 4 feet tall...he's so big for five!
Grant, and his cousins Achilles and Rhys helped me put together this bunny house...it was .89...yes, eighty-nine cents...at Aldi.  We put it together, then I let them eat it.  They ate the candy, and a few bites, then we threw it all away.
It sure was fun.  (Ruth was taking a nap)
Charlotte Claire is a nice auntie, she got out the waffle-town and helped them set up a road.
I was a nice grandma and took these two outside for a bit.


The tulips and the pear tree, so much prettiness.
Camille made:  macarons!  Vanilla with vanilla buttercream, her first, they came out pretty nice.  I didn't try any yet.  She also made blueberry muffins today, how is anyone supposed to lose any weight?  I don't ask them that, I just say no thank you, and act like I don't really want one.  They smell heavenly.  Now they're making barbecued chicken pizza with red onions and garlic...smells so good!  

Today was Camille's five week after surgery checkup at the ortho doctor.  She can wean from that heavy brace, and start physical therapy next week.  The knee quite swollen, hope more movement won't irritate it too much.  

We went to Aldi quick, and yay, two hanging flower baskets, some random groceries...then a quick stop into a little Mennonite store for coarse black pepper and coconut extract.  We got a beautiful pound of bacon, some Almond Joy bars, and some poppy seeds for those lemon muffins Camille is dreaming of.

There were grandchildren here all afternoon, it was wonderful.  Now they've all gone home, the three girls are doing school work, and ahh, here I sit.  I did hear back from the cardiologist today, via the internal medicine dr., I have sinus tachycardia.  The dr prescribed metoprolol, but...you know me...I don't want to take it.  I am going to call to talk to the dr himself, and ask:  if I don't take it, will it cause me harm?  Because in my mind, there is risk and there is benefit, all meds have side-effects.  I don't mind suffering through the strange speeding up of my heart if it isn't damaging anything.  If taking the med will help to protect the heart, then I'll consider it.   I'm sure they love patients like me.  

Ah well...the girls are in fine form.  It's silliness galore in here.  "Your crappy, shaggy, faded slippers...", one just said to another...bye for now...

4 comments:

Terri D said...

What fun you all had!! Love the photos you shared. You are an awesome Grandma!!

Marilyn said...

Hi there 😊

I love all your pictures Della and it’s so nice and sunny. Perfect weather for April! All the trees are in bud…….not here yet, but getting close. We are having big winds later today…….. I hate winds …….. they make me a bit agitated.

The cookies look wonderful!! 🤤 It will be nice for Camille to have the brace off as it looks so awkward for her. I hope your news from you doctor is what you are hoping for 😊

Have a lovely afternoon.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

Your house and mine are so much alike. I only have two littles that come and go, the other grandkids are all big and 3 live in different states. But when they come my 3 girls help them build and play. My girls also love to bake. I have lost weight over the last couple of years but still have some to go and how am I supposed to do that when someone is always making brownies, cookies and muffins. Sigh… the house smells so good and like you I tell them “no thanks, I am good.” But, I want some. Lol
Enjoy this kids!
Judy

Anonymous said...

I am on metoprolol and don’t experience any side effects from it. Metoprolol slows your heart rate.