summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 26, 2009

dreary day

Suzanne Eleanor...the poor girl has had three teeth pulled in the last two days. She is apparently "dentally advanced" for her age of eight years old, and the adult teeth were already coming in, so it isn't as bad as it sounds. But not fun for her. So, she got a prize from Mommy. A dress from Kohl's, $56 marked down to $5.60. (90% off is my favorite sale).... Her face is still pretty swollen, but her fever has gone away. She got to stay home today so I could keep an eye on her and make sure she was okay.
Jonathan is so proud of himself. The tv remote has been missing for a while, and I was surprised it didn't turn up when we did the flooring, considering we removed everything except the big furniture from the room. I wondered just now if it was down in the couch cushions, and Jon checked for me. Camille actually found it. They think it is very important that they found it. They only watch public television with no commercials anyway, but tonight when we watch American Idol it will come in handy. We mute commercials. Most of the time, anyway. They just blare. And, we talk during the commercials. Without the remote, someone had to jump up for each commercial. We don't watch too much television, it is sort of obnoxious....and the commercials are so inappropriate for kids. Some of them even embarrass me.

Yes, I am excited to get to "dust off my prams"....I am really thrilled about that. In fact, I did just buy another one....yes, that is correct. I could not pass it up. Simply couldn't. Because it was only $24.99 for a Bebecar pram. And, it was located right near where I was going to take Aaron for his post-op check, as he needs to get back to gym class. Apparently he would rather play gym than write the five page reports required for those out on a medical excuse. Anyway, he went back to gym, without the note from the doctor, and they have not asked for a note. So why drive 250 miles for nothing? So, now I bought this stroller. I told the guy I could pick it up. And now, I am not driving all that way for a stroller. (Paul would NOT understand)....so, I have emailed him and asked him about shipping it to me. I figure even if it cost $50, it would be better than driving for like five hours......

Mali and I have an idea though, we want to sell a few on them to make some money for the kids' activity clubs. It is amazing how it works, the youth kids, usually 15 and older, run the kids' groups. They are loosely supervised by some adults, but they do most of the stuff themselves. It is how they spend their Friday nights. They really like it, and enjoy the children. But money is always an issue. They would like to do more with the kids, but need to do some fundraising. So Mali and I are going to sell a few of my strollers and give the money to the kids. When I get them out and dusted off and shined up, I'll post some pictures. Maybe someone who reads this would like a pram.....

Well, Camille wants some cuddling. Since I do not want to complain, Iwill not mention how she was up eight times (each time with either nursing or just some cuddling) by 3am. Or how I just brought her to the livingroom and rocked her for a while. Or how she woke up 3 more times from 4am to 7:30 am. Or how fussy she is today. Because I truly love her. She is sweet and funny....she wants the cushions off the couch again...that was FUN! But I will mention this: I want a nap!!! So badly I can taste it! But guess what? I need groceries....hmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh della you have to let me buy one. I have dreamed of owning a pram like the ones you have. So please let me know when you have pictures that I can see!!

How are you feeling? I'm so excited for you! Did you see my message congratulating you on my blog and facebook?

HUGS
Heather