summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 16, 2009

I went for my walk!

And it was every bit as hard as it was yesterday....I made Sam come with me. He is 13 and a half, and he is very entertaining. He told me about the new kid in school who's taller than him, and how some kids threw food in the cafeteria, and the lunch ladies made EVERYONE clean it up. Except he didn't help, because he would never make a mess like that. And how he sat at his cousin Jake's table, and the lunch lady yelled at him, but he didn't move, because he thinks he should be allowed to sit with his cousin if he wants to. He is right, but he may find himself taking that lonely walk to the principal's office one of these days if he doesn't cozy up to the lunch ladies a bit more...

I did take a little snooze on the couch this afternoon, too. One half hour of slamming doors, and kids asking for things....How many cookies can we have? Can we have a Cow-tail? (I was saving those, but it is easier to say yes when you are sleeping than argue).....I did sleep though, I fell asleep about 200 times. No, probably about 10. I am trying not to exaggerate.

Dinner is almost being served. I needed a rest after that walk.....I made dinner before I went....chicken/spicy rice, baked chops, broccoli and corn. I made sure Joseph was watching the stove, and listening for the nappers to wake up. Margaret was keeping an eye on the other kids outside, playing foursquare, which disolved into a big fight....

Well, Paul is home now, dinner time.

No comments: