summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 2, 2009

okay, we're losers...

I am talking about my sister and I. I went along with her as she took her daughter and son-in-law, and their little baby to the airport today.

We couldn't just go to the airport and then go home, no, we would waste gas if we went that far without going a few more places. Plus, she didn't really want to totally leave the area because their flight had already been delayed for the weather....anyway, we went to TheChristmasTreeShop. I haven't been there in years, and I was a bit disapointed. So was Cheryl. We have gotten bargains, nice things, there in the past....today, I saw mostly junk. I did buy some new fake flowers, some Goetze's Caramel Creams, and some valentine TootsiePop cards for 90% off. I will buy just about anything for 90% off. I got Evelyn a picture for her room, regularly $6.99, for 70 cents. Not too bad.

I have a few girls here who seem to have the flu, they are headach-y and achy and tired and feel dizzy....and they requested some pudding...so we went to our favorite store, Price-Chopper. We were only in like the second aisle when we were asked for the second time if we were there without our kids.....anyway, we like to get deals and bargains. Cheryl's daughters were apparently teasing her about this. How we gripe because when something is buy one get one free, and we buy four of them, and the store takes off the two cheapest ones, instead of the expensive one that matches the expensive one, and the cheap one that matches the cheap one. Make sense? To us it does. Or when the shelf price says $1.79 and it rings up $1.89, and the next week the shelf still says $1.79....and they don't seem to care....or this is the worst: when our husbands order fast food so UNCAREFULLY. When the girl asks if you want cheese on that, it is going to cost money! Anyway, we are careful shoppers. My favorite deal right now is on the Dannon yogurt, 2/$1.00, but there is a coupon dispenser with coupons for $1.00 off when you buy six. So, that is like getting the yogurt for 3/$1.00. Not too bad these days. Camille eats an entire yogurt, every single day. My sister and I also griped that they don't mark down the baked goods like they used to....but we still bought some. At least I did. I bought one container with 6 chocolate glazed donuts, and her and I had one on the way home, then all the kids split the remaining four......but I did buy a 16 pack of reduced chocolate chip cookies, too. And pudding for the sick girls. And trash bags. And pancake mix, and syrup. And ham. And Swiss cheese. And apples, and grapefruit. And wheat bread. And lots of other things that added up to over $100..........

Home this evening was crazy. Not too terribly crazy, but sort of. I find coming in from the store at dinner time with groceries to put away is not smart. But that is how it worked out today. I couldn't turn down an opportunity to spend some time with my sister, and of course a trip to the grocery store is always a treat, since we live so far away from the good ones. Anyway, the older ones were pretty good about cleaning up after dinner tonight for me, as I am not feeling so great.....and no, I am not pregnant, rats. I think I may be coming down with what the girls have....hope not, but there's not much I can do if I am...

Well, when I called to cancel the trip to the big city for Aaron's appointment, the receptionist wasn't the happiest that I didn't want to reschedule.....she said that if we don't come in for the follow-up, they cannot write anything for us, like a note saying he can return to gym. Uh-oh. He will be heartbroken, not.

Well, the dollhouse stuff got all picked up today, the floor vacuumed all nicely, and then this evening, Charlotte Claire emptied the huge bin of waffletown! What fun.....but, tomorrow morning the day will start with the same living room as yesterday....same mess, different toys.....they played it all evening, though, and I didn't have them pick it up, as they went to bed happy with promises to play with it tomorrow.

I did not get enough sleep last night. I know this because when it was time to get up, I kept closing my eyes again, and each time I was dreaming....I dreamt of little salt shakers in special spill proof wrough-iron containers....and lots of other nonsense. Camille did nurse two different times last night, and cried a few other times and went back to sleep on her own....when I hear her, I am laying there saying, NO, please go back to sleep honey, find your thumb, please go back to sleep,,,,,not out loud, of course. No, I do not even cough when she's in there sleeping. I would rather have tears running down my face than risk coughing and waking her up....no, I don't make any noise....my husband, on the other hand, likes to cough and sniff. No, not consiously....we are just different. Probably if he were the one who had to get up out of the cozy warm sleep number bed, he would hold his coughs in, too.

He is such a good nice husband, though. He has been keeping the fire going in the furnace, so it is toasty in here, despite the fact that is like 6 degrees outside. He does not complain. No, he lives to please God, and therefore how can he complain, when God sends all things for our very best?

I need to go get in my nice cozy bed....first a nice warm shower....pretty spoiled........so much to be thankful for.....

3 comments:

cheryl said...

I feel so guilty.. I just knew your 16 kids would have to share 4 donuts. You didn't tell them they only got 1/4 each because Aunt Cheryl ate one, did you?? How will I ever be able to face them??
I hope you feel better, and get a good night's rest/sleep. Me, too. Maybe I should write a Me, too book. Thanks for going with me today.

Morgan said...

It sounds like you two had a lot of fun on your outing!

I hope you feel better soon!

FLmom7 said...

Oh, I wish I had a sister like yours! Sounds like fun, and I love bargains too;-)