summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, March 7, 2009

sadness

I have started this post three times. I cannot get myself to push the Publish Post button. How can I write about my brother's death? For one thing, Emily Anne, my oldest daughter, is in France for the weekend, and we decided to let her enjoy her time there before we let her know what is going on....Emily, if you are reading this, I am sorry......

My brother died last night. Is there any gentle way to say that? My brother, William James, or Billy, to us, or Uncle Mr. Master Babysitter, to my kids.....or just Uncle Billy.....47 years old....we are not sure yet what happened....I think it was an accident....it doesn't matter, it is just sad. I have my sister, and now my four brothers. We have been together, last night and this afternoon, talking, trying to make sense of all of this.....it is so unspeakably sad. First my mother, my father, now my brother. I cannot even comprehend it.

20 comments:

cheryl said...

I hope he knows somehow how much we loved him, enjoyed him, and more that words can describe: miss him. I feel like my heart is broken, and pray that those who are missing him will turn to God for help. Emily, Susan and Thomas, and Claire: I know it sounds corny, but hugs to you from across the ocean.

Anonymous said...

oh man I am so sorry Della and Cheryl! I wish there was something I could say to help, just know that you are in my prayers. I wish I was there to hug you!!

Heather

Standinginhislight said...

Praying for God's comfort during this difficult time, and that His peace fills the emptiness...
Blessings to you & yours, Sheri

Piper Paradise said...

I am soo sooo sorry!

jen said...

Oh my goodness. Sending you every sympathy at a very sad and difficult time.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry for you loss your family will be in my prayers

Nicky8 said...

I know you do not know me in "real life" but I have been reading your blog since the beginning. I just wanted to tell you how terribly sorry I am for your loss and I am keeping you and your beautiful family in my thoughts and prayers.
{{{HUGS}}}

Donna said...

Sorry to hear about your brother. I've lost two siblings and it's hard. Will be thinking of you and praying for your family.

Morgan said...

My heart goes out to you and Cheryl both. : (

Janis said...

I am so sorry for your whole family. Please know that we are praying for a peace that passes understanding to transend your family!

Pam's Pride said...

HUGS!! I am so so sorry!

Lilium said...

eh mom. it is sad. but pick yourself over and do the best you can. it's what he would have wanted, god knows. my best memory of him is how he said hello at grandma and grandpa's house. He had a cup of coffee and he was always making something for us.

Enola said...

Oh now I'm so terribly sorry. Prayers for you and your family.

Cassandra said...

Oh My Gosh Della, i havent been on and i'm only just reading this, I am so very sorry for your loss, for your whole family's loss.
Please know that i am thinking of you and praying for you all
(((((())))))))
Cassandra xx

Amber said...

Just read your blog. I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

FLmom7 said...

Dear Della and Cheryl,
I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear brother. I am keeping all of you in my prayers.

Robin said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss..you both and all of your families are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry for your loss!
"May the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philipians 4:7.

prayers

KrustyLynn said...

I am so sorry, Della and Cheryl! I'll be praying!

Terri said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I pray that Gods give you comfort during this very difficult time.