summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, March 15, 2009

sunny day.....

I just came back from a nice walk. No, I lied. It wasn't completely nice. No, it was awful. It was only one half an hour, up a few hills....oh, it was hard....I have lost all the ground I gained....I replaced my walks with the treadmill. Then I slacked off on that. It has been at least 3 weeks since I set foot on it. I am mad at myself. There only so much time in each day, and when excercise isn't postively number one, it gets pushed to the side. Lately, I have had it in my mind to get things cleaned up and organized around here, and there is not enough time in the day for that, either. But I have decided that come heck or high water, to put it nicely, I will "treadmill" each morning for at least 15 minutes. Now it is written, now it shall be done. Please, call me on it, check on me, shame me. I need it...

We have been watching "Anne of Green Gables", and "Anne of Avonlea".....good stuff. My older ones grew up with these wholesome movies. Movies where purity was normal.

Mali is going to a Japanese restaurant with her friends for her belated birthday. She is thrilled, as she is fascinated with anything to do with the Japanese culture.

Well, we have been invited to a surprise birthday party for a friend, can't say who, hope he isn't reading this right now.....have to get get going.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to suggest something that has helped me when I don't have time to walk, I got this dvd and I have been doing it every day, I can do it inside and in 28 minutes I can walk 2 miles! It is great and pretty easy for someone my size 200 plus pounds ;)
I haven't done all 4 miles yet but I am working on it!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10848195
It is less that $15 and I promise you it is worth the price.

I am sorry about your brother, I love your blog and I check it daily, you have such a sweet family :)
God bless you! and good luck with your walking :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda,
thanks for the tip. I checked on amazon and you can get a dvd for 6 $!
and there is a few mini-walks on youtube :)
I tried one and loved it. I don't have that much weight to lose but it's really hard for me too...

Anonymous said...

Also about "anne of the green gables" I loved that movie as a little girl :)
You should make a list of those movies you like, many moms are looking for that...

I recently saw "A tale of Desperaux" and it was cute. I can't say it was the best cartoon ever but it was ideal for family nights...
I also liked very much "meet the robinsons"
wall-e,
little women,
love's enduring promise,
you can't take it with you
...

16 blessings'mom said...

Thanks for the encouragement, I need it. And a movie list is a good idea. One they liked was, "Little House on The Prairie"...