summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

healing.....

Aaron across from his cousin and very good friend, Audrey....
Sonja K.... Joseph




Charlotte Claire



Suzanne Eleanor
Mali holding Camille.....it was nice she got her to sleep....Camille took a bit of a nap in Mali's arms....






Jonathan, not surrounded by girls for once....with his cousin....my baby brother's son....






Paul....and that handsome guy in the background is my brother, Bob.








My sister Cheryl's daughter, Janet, holding Camille








Evelyn Joy









Mali....


I was sort of trying out my new camera. I can now return Abigail's to her. Thank you, Paul, for the anniversary gift.
For my brother, we decided not to do any services. We instead had a "remember him with us", very informal, at a pizza restaurant. It was a very nice warm cozy place. We had some picture boards set up, and some albums of picture. We also passed around a book for people to write their memories of him in. He had 48 nieces and nephews, and 4 great nieces and nephews. Most of them were there. They, by the way, had a very nice time together. There was a buffet set up for the whole 4 hours we were there, with salad, Italian bread, all different kinds of pizza, and some wonderful chicken wings.
It was comforting to see all the people who knew Billy. To hear how nice of a guy he was. To be greeted and hugged. It is a start, I guess...
The thing about Billy, he was endeared to the children. He understood them, and loved them. Not that he was really mushy or anything, no, he was actually quite a tease. But he KNEW them, and paid attention to them.
Now that the "services" are over, I want life to go back to normal. But it can't. I am still so distraught. I had to get the kids up, like life was okay, and send them to school. And I have to deal with backed up laundry.....several sets of bedding, whites, lights, darks, towels....you name it. And the little messes that pile up here and there, when no one is looking. And, ha, just last week I was thinking I could really be all caught up, and it would be so nice in here. Part of me just plain doesn't care. What's the use. But then, I still need to make it nice for my husband, and for my kids, even though it seems that my heart isn't in it. That is love. To do when you don't want to do.
The poor kids had to go to school today, to the comments and questions that are inevitable when you live in a small community. The fact that I told my younger kids that his death was accidental, that he was protecting the chickens from coyotes.....is something that will surely be challenged.....but how can children possibly deal with the realities of something so horrible? When we adults cannot even fathom it?
Well, life goes on, minute by minute. I am just going to take things one at a time.










5 comments:

cheryl said...

I know, the old "life goes on" routine, when we are feeling that it is standing still and we can't think or do anything. Going to the store, day to day chores, wanting to yell.. "you have no idea what I'm going through!!" It's a good reminder to treat the strangers in our lives (everyone) with kindness and respect, because who knows what anyone is going through at any given time!! We're all in this life, and no one gets through it without some major heartbreak, mixed in with all those "little" trials.. Well, I'm glad we have each other, and surely, hopefully, most definitely, with God's help, we'll be fine, and as in everything, get something useful for our salvations from this. Really, what else is there?

Cassandra said...

Sounds like the informal get togethor was a wonderful way to remember him :-)
Oh how i wish we lived closer Della, i'd come and help you with all those thngs you just dont want to do right now and just let you come to terms with whats happened over the past week.
((((()))))
Cassandra xx

Robin said...

Big ((((hugs)))) to you.

Joni said...

My deepest sympathy to you and your entire extended family.

Charlie said...

I couldn't say it any better than Cheryl. My condolences.