summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

suzanne's tooth, fussy feverish camille

This is Camille the other night, just happy as usual....
But now, she is sick. She has a fever. I slept last night from about 5:30 am to 7:30,and I truly wouldn't have gotten up to send the girls to school if she hadn't woken up again. I gave her some Tylenol, and of course that made her hyper for some reason, she just wouldn't sleep.
And here is Suzanne. She had a toothache Monday, so I added her to an appointment I had for Mali on Tuesday. This is how swollen her cheek got. Her LEFT cheek. I took her in, the dentist pulled a tooth that has been giving her trouble, on the RIGHT side. What?? I didn't realize until last evening that the tooth he pulled was on the wrong side. So, back we went today. He said the tooth he pulled was swollen and infected, but not nearly like this side was, where she actually had two teeth pulled. Baby teeth. We had our wires crossed, and since I don't know my right from my left, so he probably asked me which one was bothering her, and I said the wrong one. I don't know. All I know, is she has a pretty bad infection going on....I am truly thankful to God for antibiotics.
While taking trips to the dentist, I have stopped twice to get things ironed out for Mali's passport. She is going to Norway this summer with Mirielle. Paul needs to go in and sign, so everything is done except for that. Then, we remembered that we are going to Canada, as she is helping some friends who are expecting a baby in Ottowa. She needs the passport to get in. Rats. Another monkey wrench in the monkey wrench pile, as my sister Cheryl likes to say.
I went to the drugstore in a nice little town yesterday to get Suzanne's prescription filled. Of course while I was waiting for it, I do what I do best: I scouted around for bargains. I found some. The cashier who rang up the medicine and my other stuff got pretty agitated (not at me) because nothing was ringing up right. I had 4 packages of gum (so my teenagers will love me) that was $3 a package, buy one get one free. It didn't come up right, so I said to just take it off, I didn't need it. She took it off. Only $6 or so came off the bill. It was a mess. A different cashier offered to take all my stuff to a different register and re-ring it....No thanks, I said, I'll just pay whatever, I need to go. (Mali was in the van waiting with Suzanne).....so the girl swiped her giftcard, and told me to nevermind, it was on her. It was like $20 worth of stuff. I thought that was just so nice of her, but I was a bit embarrassed.
Tonight we are not having dinner. I quit. I am too tired. Ha. But it did make me laugh just to type it. I am still trying to figure out what to have. One un-named teenager was supposed to put two chickens into the oven at three-thirty, but she forgot. When Iwalked in the door and didn't smell chicken, I figured that out. So, what shall we do? Not cereal. French Toast? I am such a good mother! Oh well.
Camille is miserable, and no one wants her anymore.......I don't blame them, she is a fuss. But a cute little fuss in fuzzy yellow jammies....


2 comments:

cheryl said...

Poor Suzanne!! I will call her Chipmunk, but not until she feels better.
I like that pharmacy in the nearby small town.. It's interesting how there are employees who are so extremely nice, it makes it hard to believe that there are employees (in other stores) who act like their job's goal is to make you miserable.. "Sorry, but it won't work, I may be tempted, but it just won't work.."
I put (1) chicken in the oven, planning on a nice meal, but was talked into taking a shopping trip to Target! As we were driving down the road, I kept saying: I can't believe we left when that chicken was smelling so nice!! Oh, well, some other day.
Hope little Camille gets better quickly, seems like a lot of stuff is going around!

AUTISMOMMA said...

You mentioned Camille being hyper after the Tylenol....This may or may not be the cause but I thought I'd throw it out there. Artificial dyes can cause severe hyperactivity in children. If you are using the Tylenol that is not dye-free (hard to find, or at least, it is around here), maybe Camille was feeling a bit "high." :)

Also, I thought I would mention that my daughter gets extreme abdominal pains from Tylenol...could Camille be having such a side effect as well?

Either way, I hope she is feeling better. In the photos you post, she reminds me so much of my sweet little Milla.