summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

afternoon lull...

I must say, "afternoon lull" has a beautiful ring to it. Not quite as nice as "afternoon NAP" would have, but it will do.

I have a cup of coffee, a Camille, a computer, my feet up, the dishwasher is running, there is the faint smell of bleach from cleaning out the sink...and the kids who stayed home are cleaning their room in peace. ha, just kidding about the last part. They ARE cleaning their room, though.

Aaron had sixty needle pokes today for his allergy testing. At one point he was quite pale. The nurse got him some water, and I found a baby Butterfinger in my purse for him. After that he was a lot better, although I felt a touch dizzy about the whole thing. He is allergic to cats and dust and mold and trees. I guess he'll have to move out.

Mali has an appointment with the heart dr. on Thursday, to make sure her heart reacts okay to the treadmill test.

Every single time I make these resolutions to clean things more and organize, I have appointments. And a headache. A sinus-y thing, not sick enough to go to bed, although my bed IS calling to me today with the promise of a nice warm quiet nap. Blah, right this moment I don't care a whit about the house. The kids, they are as cute as ever. I came home from Aaron's appointment to find out that they had brought CocoaPuffs and sunflower seeds, plus stacks and piles of clothes into my room. My room which I CLEANED AND VACUUMED YESTERDAY. Sigh. If I cannot win, why should I even play?

And they weren't just being bad. No, they were going camping!! The clothes were all packed in a backpack, Mommy, we just had to unpack when we got there! Uh huh.

I talked to Mr. Benjamin Paul today on the phone. I have been worried about him, hearing about the snow in Oklahoma...I saw on CNN in the dr. office about the storm that was ripping through there...(although Aaron and I looked at each other and snickered when the commentator said they had EIGHT inches of snow) All I could think of was Ben still having to do drills out there in it....Anyway, he is doing well. He told me about Sunday, how he and some of the guys went to a bible study, and to church...they heard about forgiveness. Well, somewhere along the way, one of the guys yelled "Doubletime!", and all the guys started running. The drill sargeant was not amused, neither was Ben. They had to stand outside for 2 1/2 hours because the guy who did it would not own up to it. Ben said all he could think of was the Forgiveness sermon, and how God was working all things together for HIS good....

Afternoon Lull is over....

4 comments:

Martha said...

Today I went for the nap and it was a good one! I must have needed it.

I am wondering just what tomorrow will bring...

madeleine said...

Very jealous of your cosy, indoor-ness (although not your scary snow storms and having to drive, stay safe!). Here in Australia temps have been 40+ (104+F) for days and we are about to get hit by our biggest ever tropical cyclone. The weather has gone crazy. Stay safe and enjoy having those bubbies home :-) P.S. I love your blog!

Unknown said...

I just had to write and say I love love love your blog!
I often want to comment but don't have a google account an then today my husband who does suggested I comment using his:)) so I am!
I have nothing interesting to say, only that I fid your life real and admirable and now that I can comment I will, as long as u don't mind a stranger writing u:) I am a mother of five with a baby on the way so we have kids in common.
Stay warm! We live in Hawaii so that's no longer a problem for us:)
Lara

16 blessings'mom said...

Nap...oh I love that word. Madeleine, just the thought of 104 degrees, my goodness that sounds unbearable. We have had some days here lately that I would have traded with you though, when it has been so cold the wind blows right through my sweater and coat, and freezes my unmittened fingers. And Lara: Hello! Hawaii...oh does that sound nice right about now. You should start a blog, I would love to hear about life there with so many kids, and about the new baby coming. Keep me updated!

della