summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 20, 2011

birthday party day...

blah, getting ready for a party is tiring! I worked for three hours straight, and am taking a quick break before the guests arrive, in like ten minutes. I have vacuumed and swept and mopped and shine and scrubbed those chicken wings pans, which took way too long. I fed kids breakfast and gave them "tea" again, hot tea with tons of sugar.....and pear slices and cheddar cheese and Sunchips and Triscuits. They cleaned up the mess while I mopped....they also cleaned windows for me. And dusted tables and shelves. The older girls are home from their conference now, they brought Bethany with them. And cousin Luke is here, too.....if Em and Ab come over for pizza, we shall have a full house.....

We are making pizzas. The girls will get to make their own, which is fun...too bad I didn't have ten times more patience, then it would REALLY be fun. I wouldn't have to grin and bear it and bite my tongue so much....but it is a work in progress. I can't just wait until I have buckets full, then do these things...no, it is through suffering that we get it.

I need to make a quick trip to the little grocery store where Aaron works. Because Suzanne wants ice cream sundaes instead of a birthday cake. Fine with me....so I have to go buy ice cream and hot fudge and maybe some cherries....and more cheese for the pizzas....already! I bought fifteen pounds of mozzarella a few weeks ago....

I need to go brush my long tangly hair quick, and take Rosie-the-Bad dog out for a little run before the girls get here....oh great, she is already on a run...she took off when Aaron so nicely took her out...rrrr.

No comments: