summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 4, 2011

ahh, friday....

again already. Time seems to be going speedy fast. Last Friday I was shopping with a few of my girls, and imagine my surprise when the eleven year old said..."TGIF? No, SHIT." What??? "Oh Mommy, it just means Sorry Honey It's Thursday!" hmm. (she didn't say the word, just the letters. But STILL...)

But Thank God It's Friday again. Weekends mean a bit more time with Paul, and having the kids around more.

We have plans for tonight! Paul recieved some gift certificates for Christmas from work, good for some different local restaurants, so I had the great idea of taking the younger kids out to dinner when the older ones go to the youth meeting some week. I would rather take all of them out, but that would be way over the amount. So tonight we are thinking of going. I am not sure if they will actually like it. They have only gone to McDonalds and the Chinese Buffet. I just hope they behave themselves and don't decide to get all silly and "full of the devil", as my mother used to say.

I have a question....is it okay to use a Buy An Entree Get One Free coupon with gift certificates?

Yesterday's appointment with the heart dr. went well for Mali. Her heart still shows those extra abnormal rhythms, but they are not harmful. She ran on the treadmill, and everything still was A-Okay. She doesn't have to go back for three years. Now that was strange, thinking about how things will be in three years. I will be 48, Camille six years old...wah.

In the waiting room at the dr. office, a lady came in carrying a car seat....a tiny little newborn. While Mommy filled out the paperwork, that baby started mewing....then wailing that impatient little newborn cry...Mali is worse than me, she was just dying to go pick up that baby. Too bad the lady would've have thought I was crazy, or a baby-stealer if I offered to hold the baby for her.

Mali started in on how we NEED another baby. I told her that if I were to have another one, I wouldn't do anything else at all, just hold and enjoy the baby.

We parked the minivan on the top of the parking garage, so when we went back out into the cold, we were surprised that the sunshine had warmed up the van so much. We drove out of the city up to the suburbs where Ashley was shopping at the mall. We went in to meet up with her, and get Mali a sweatshirt, since they are generally cheap right now. I got one for Kathryn too, for ten bucks each at Aeropostale....then on to Target, the store I shouldn't go to. I did fine in there though. I got Mali her birthday present, a pair of bright red Converse sneakers, which were half off. A pair of nice boots for Suze for 75 % off, a bra for one of the girls for $1.98, a pair of knee socks for fifty cents, and I was done.

Grocery store. I had cut lots of coupons, so I saved lots of money buying good things. The store had two triple coupons, so they actually paid me a buck to buy two things of Softsoap. Anyway, it is nice to have cereal and juice and raisin bread and bananas and fresh veggies for the weekend. I HAD to go, because we needed dog food.

Mirielle had dinner made when I got home, ravioli and sauce, and a nice salad. She left to go to the gym, while I put away groceries and heard all about the kids' days.....I heard about how the two little girls decorated the carpet in the older kids' room with deodorant, and how one had hit the other and how one needed a bandaid, and did I get chapstick? I find it a stressful time, all I want to do is sit down and put my feet up...but with dinner and clean up and putting things away, it was after eight when I sat down...I had a bag of Hershey's minitures, and asked the kids "questions"....they love it. They all gather around and want me to ask them something so they can have a candy. Then Emily came in for a visit! We had some cinnamon almonds, and talked...then it was time to get back up and get the little ones tucked into bed....

Of course I stayed up way way too late with Miss Emily, talking about our trip and looking at pictures from when they were little. Ashley enjoyed seeing Ben when he was little.

And now...I am ready for a nap, but the two little jammied princesses want breakfast.

3 comments:

Tereza said...

phew...after living through my own day yesterday and then reading about yours.....well I'm ready to nap! Some days the crazyness is unbearable! Nice to know though....that its not just here:)

Martha said...

I don't see any problem with using the coupon for a free entre, after all somebody already paid for the gift certificates. It's almost like you are paying with cash.

I wonder if it is a good thing or a bad thing that we live so far from Aeropostale.

Enola said...

I don't see anything wrong with using a gift certificate with a buy one get one. As long as you follow the "tip on the whole price before coupons" rule.