summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

snow day!!!!

Ha, it isn't even snowing anymore. We did get some, and Kathryn said it is very slippery out there. I haven't ventured out. Aaron texted me while it was still dark to let me know school was cancelled. Things sure have changed. When I was a little girl, we had to turn on the radio and listen for the long list of schools....I still remember when I heard, "North Syracuse Public and Parochial Schools, closed.."the excitement and jumping up and down. Of course back then it meant one thing: going outside to play. All the kids in the neighborhood would be outside. We had no computers, and daytime television was "The Price Is Right", and "As the World Turns" in the afternoon. Excepting for "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood" and "Sesame Street".

Paul is still here, working from home. He is getting ready now to leave, since the snow has passed through.

Jonathan has a huge firetruck. It requires six double A batteries, and it seems that he just happens to have six double A batteries. It is LOUD. The ladder goes up and down, it has lights and sirens, and the fire chief gives commands, like, "Ladder up!" His sisters don't like it one bit. They are telling him it is too loud. I just told them to leave him alone, it is a Snow Day and he has collected all these batteries, leave him alone.

The couch monster is gone, but there is a pile of towels there now. I can tell that Miss Ashley folded them, they are folded neatly and precisely. None of my kids has that talent.

Well, Rosie is across the street barking her head off at the guy who is plowing their driveway....not that she will listen to me anyway, but I shall go get her....rrr.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Waaaaaaaaahhhh the laundry kills me! nuff said:)
Snow days are so fun...I bet your kids will enjoy every moment and you'll be thinking of buying earplugs:):) It's worth it though.....to just have it good with them even if your head hurts by the end of the day!:)