summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 17, 2011

fun fun fun

How can I describe how exciting it will be to go on this road trip with Emily, 26...and Abigail, 24....and Joseph, 19....and Aaron, 18....and Ashley....(Mirielle is trading her place to Joe because she has a lab she cannot miss). 24 hours in the van with these guys....it is going to be fun!!! We are leaving a day earlier than previously planned, (next Tuesday)and the hotel we already reserved at is full for that night, so I booked a nice room/suite in a different one. A 3star instead of a 2 star....it has an indoor pool AND a hot tub...I thought that since it is the girls' vacation, they would appreciate. Hey, I will appreciate that after all those hours of driving.

So, I am excited about the trip....(seeing Benjamin, too, of course).

But...I am mad mad mad at Rosie-The-Bad-Dog. She is so bad. It isn't all her fault, of course, going with the logic that There is No Such Thing As a Bad Dog, Just A Bad Master. Well, Rosie listens to me in the house. She is actually very good in the house, except if someone steps too close for her comfort, she will do a bark and snap. But once she is outside, she does not listen to me. She will come if Sam, or Aaron, or Joseph, or Paul calls her...but not for me. rrr. So today...she was out guarding the end of the driveway and the girl down the road went for a walk...she had her baby on her back, and her dog on a leash...Rosie chased them and barked at them. The girl called her mom, who called me, so I went out to get Rosie...she would NOT come to me. I went all the way down the road.....she just danced out of my reach and continued to harass this poor girl. I could not catch her....I finally called Joseph, who thankfully was at home, and he came out and called Rosie, who went to him right away. Oh, was I mad at that dog. The girl was ticked, and I don't blame her. And I feel like crying still, because I hate it when people are mad at me, and that neighbor girl is MAD. She also told me that one time in the fall, Rosie bit her leg when she was walking by...great. just great. I don't want to go back to tying her up all of the time, ...but I have no choice. She cannot go after people. I actually looked up the number for the SPCA today to call and ask if they want her, but they are closed on Thursdays. rrr. I will have to go back to confining her on the deck, and taking her out only on the leash......I wish we had a fenced in yard....and to think it seemed like such a good idea to get a dog.....(the awful part about it is that I love her to pieces....)

Everyone went to bed. It is quiet in here. I am tired and am heading in myself soon. Tomorrow I have to watch Timmy for a few hours....then take the four kids to the eye dr....and buy some jeans for Sam...and go to the bank, and get the oil changed on the minivan. Then a few things from the store...and home...I am tired already, and it isn't even tomorrow yet.

We are also celebrating a birthday on Sunday....Suzanne Eleanor, my 12th child, is turning ten years old next week. When she was born, Emily was 16....Abigail 14...Benjamin 12, Mirielle 11 (the next day), Joseph 9, Aaron 8, Mali almost 7, Samuel 5, Margaret 4, Kathryn almost 3, and Evelyn 18 months old.... Suze is sick right now with the on/off fever thing, but since Camille just had it and came out of it fine, I am hoping that Suzanne will be fine by Sunday, and that no one else will come down with it, spooking the other mothers away from sending their little girls....

rambling and rambling...means I am too tired...goodnight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I feel for you! My dogs which also seemed like such a great idea can make me see red:( one trick thatworks with coming when called is treats, treats every single time she comes to you. Start in the house calling her and rewarding her and then on a leash outside same thing even when she is 3 feet ahead:) then maybe try her loose with the people who she listens to next to you:))) but you be throne to give get the treats. Cut up hot dogs are well loved!
Anyway, good luck, it turned our puppy around doing that training...
Lara in Hawaii