summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

good morning....

Oatmeal with apples and brown sugar, hot coffee....

Watching Curious George with Jonathan before school...

We have to leave soon to take Aaron back to the dr. to get things in order for his nose surgery. Apparently it is a day surgery, no overnight in the hospital, but no school or work for a week afterwards...

It is snowing and snowing...more snow coming, in a path that will cut all the way from Oklahoma through Ohio over to New York state, right through our area. I am glad our trip is not this week!

And: the three youngest kids stayed home from school today. Why? Well, I got a text from Emily, who works in the big city in a big hospital as a nurse. She works at night, so she was on her way home from work. She saw a school bus struggling to get up a hill, several ambulances heading to accidents, and a fire truck heading out. So...she headed toward our little town, and the roads were bad...her text said that I should keep the kids home. Then I got a text from Paul, wondering about the bad roads. I called him, we agreed that WE wouldn't just take them out and about on roads like this, and it is supposed to snow for quite a few more hours, then possible freezing rain before the big storm hits tonight. The kids were all dressed and brushed and fed, and believe me, they are not disapointed. The girls are already dancing to the Wii dance game....

But now I have a dilemma...Aaron did not go to school because of his appointment, which we should be leaving for in half an hour. It is supposed to be a long appt., so he didn't plan to go back to school. Well, he is a senior this year, and can't just miss days of school at random. If I wake him and tell him I decided not to drive to this appointment, he will want to go to school....so I will have to go drive on these roads anyway. blah.

No comments: