summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 19, 2011

blizzard?

That MAY be too strong a word....but if you live in right in the middle of New York state right now, or perhaps up towards the lake, near Oswego.....the word isn't too strong. The wind right now is 29 mph, with much higher gusts....temperature: 21 degrees and falling into the teens by evening. With snow. Blowing and gusting snow. I cannot see across the street right now. It is bitterly miserably cold. And since we don't just let Rosie-The-Bad-Dog out by herself, that means that I get to enjoy the weather not just from the windows....

Now that I am actually leaving in a few days for our trip to Oklahoma, I am hesitant to leave the kids. Mirielle is staying here and giving her spot to Joseph, which is a good thing....because she is just plain better with the house and kids. She will make sure they have a good vacation. She is already planning a trip to PizzaHut to use their Bookit coupons from school. She is also planning to take them ice skating. She might also take them to the Rec center to swim, and to the library. Her brothers say she is happy about staying home with the younger ones because she likes to have control....(they used the term Control Freak, sorry Mirielle...)this seem logical. I won't be there, she can do things as she likes. She is a sink-scrubber/tub scrubber, she hangs clothes dry instead of throwing them in the dryer, she likes to cook and serve healthy meals, she won't let the kids have cereal for lunch. She doles out the chores and makes sure they do them. She absolutely will not let them park in front of the television for any length of time. She also has a soft heart and gives them the time of day. So I am assured that they will be fine without me, it's just that I don't know if I will be fine without them......

Well,,,,being that it is Saturday morning, I should sign off and give the kids the time of day myself....Evelyn wants to chat. Paul just came in from clearing the driveway...he asked Jon why he went back in the house so quickly....Jon said, "My forehead bone was freezing."

There is waffletown, dollhouse, a car-rug with at least 40 cars, Playmobil pieces, tons of Barbies, two Sit'n Spins, a LittleTikes tractor trailer, some stuffed doggies, a few baby dolls...a pile of notebooks and a Nerf gun...oh, and a Hess truck...all on my livingroom floor. It is my own fault, I remember clearly saying when we were building this house, "no toys in the livingroom, ever!" ha.

4 comments:

Martha said...

We have lots of wind, but so far no snow. Isn't that typical?

mommeeof10 said...

It was 75 degrees in virginia yesterday, today it is windy 25mph with gusts up to 60 miles per hour and the high is supposed to be in the mid 50's. At least I finished steam cleaning the van yesterday before it got cold again.

Martha said...

All the snow from my house blows your direction. It's true.

Tereza said...

"not toys in the living room ever!"

How your blog always makes me feel better about life! Yes...no toys on the floor, no handprints on the walls...that used to be my ideal too:) And now....well now I read your blog:)...cause it makes me feel better:)