summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Mali made these...
Mirielle made these...we sent some in for Evelyn's class, Suzanne's class, and Jonathan's class. Sonja's class is having a Healthy Heart party, so no mini-brownie/cupcakes for her. Paul brought me flowers....



And some mini-roses...(and a box of chocolates...which I left on the counter, thinking I would open them tonight and share them with the kids...well..someone opened them and they are half gone!!! I did some asking, found out the culprit, but haven't talked to him/her about it yet....I think it is obvious that one shouldn't open a box of chocolates without asking, but some of the kids who were there when I discovered this tradgedy this morning maintain that I should not have left them on the counter.....hmm)



Mr. Jonathan....love the goofy smile.





Sonja K.


And Suzanne will not like this, but she is so cute...this is her, "I do not want my picture taken" face.


I am still recovering from the girls' sleepover party. Kim, my sister-in-law, and I made burgers and hot dogs and coneys and broccoli and chicken...the chicken was the best, it was marinated overnight, then baked in the convection oven 'til crispy, then put into the sauces: sweet and our, hot Buffalo, honey barbecue, and regular barbecue....we served carrots and celery too. After the girls danced their hearts out for a few hours, I got out the sno-cone machine, and we had some red-rasberry ones...there was pineapple-upside-down cake with whipped cream (which I skipped, I am alergic to pineapple), and Cheryl's chocolate cheesecake...which was to die for. Then we served popcorn....
We spent the night, and I actually got some sleep....I realized that I had ten daughters there....(Miss Mali was with her friends), but Camille didn't stay long, she didn't feel well. Anyway, it was too much fun...and I kept forgetting that I was there to cook for them...I remembered to cook, I just kept forgetting that I wasn't a teenager....
Camille is sick...she had a fever yesterday, and today just looks pale...she hasn't been sick to her stomach or anything, she just doesn't feel well....
Paul and the older kids are going to the Dome this afternoon for a basketball game, to do the concessions. I was thinking about taking these guys to Walmart to get the elusive paint for their room, but then I remembered that Camille is sick...I am not purposely procrastinating this painting project, it is just not happening. The funny thing is that they are actually keeping their room clean, expecting the painting to happen....
I woke up bright and early this morning and sneaked into the bathroom before Paul...I took Rosie out into the spring-like 46 degree day, we are finally getting our January thaw. Yes, I know it is February. The driveway is like the frozen tundra, icy and bumpy and hard to navigate, at least for me...Rosie, in her enthusiasm to sniff everything and romp around like a puppy, seemed determined to have me slip and fall this morning. I kept telling her to wait for me, then she would stop right in front of me and I would almost trip over her....she is big and dump and happy. (my mother always said that dogs resembled their masters....uh-oh)
Benjamin is doing well....I talked to him on the phone yesterday. He has quit smoking, of course, along with all the other guys in Basic training...but he is determined that he will not start again. Ashley has quit, which I am totally impressed with..she gets married, her husband is hundreds and hundreds of miles away from her, she lives with a big crazy family, and she quits smoking too. Ben says that that is his biggest encouragment not to start again, that she worked so hard to quit. He also is enjoying the physical fitness.....he can run and not get out of breath, and he feels so good.
Nine days 'til our trip! Ben wants us to bring his guitar and his laptop and his clothes....our minivan is going to be cozy!
okay, what shall I do today?
1. Laundry?
2. Sweep the floors?
3. Go back to bed?
Oh, I can't decide....I think I will just sit here for a while until I can decide....





1 comment:

Tereza said...

Your posts often make me smile. What a rich life you have!