summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 3, 2011

what now??

Paul took the big van today because I have to go to the big city for Mali's heart dr. appointment. The parking garage is no place for a fifteen passenger van.

Joseph has college this morning, just a morning class. So he got to take the minivan instead of the gold car, which has not been fixed yet, which is another boring story which I will skip.

So Joseph left in the minivan.

Aaron texted me from the schoolbus, and said, "Joe is an idiot." Apparently he drove right over the recycling bin. So Aaron told me, from the bus, that I should go out and collect the things strewn around the road. I texted him back and asked if it was just a trick to get me outta my chair.

But it was no trick.

There were cans and jars and jugs and bottles all down the road, mixed in with the couple of inches of snow that have fallen this morning. I did put one glove on, because I am not totally stupid, but the other hand got cold.

As I surveyed the mess, realizing that there was no way around it, I had images of slapping Joseph. But mostly I wondered at this big sweet 19 year old son of mine...out on the road! Blah, watch out for a blue chevy Venture, people!! This kid didn't even know he hit the bin! rrr. He is such a good kid, though, he won't give me a hard time at all, he will just say he is sorry and he will look more the next time.

I hate driving downtown in the big city. I am such a wimp..I have to give myself pep talks, saying things like, Other People are No different Than Me.....I can Drive Just As well As they can.

But the day has had it's good points already. On the counter is a plate of oatmeal cookies, courtesy of Mali, who made them sometime after 11:30 last night, which is when I went to bed.

Twenty days to our trip. I sure hope another storm like the one that just moved through won't be in the works for that week.

The kids' room is clean, again, finally! We are thinking to go out on Friday night with them while the older ones are at the youth meeting to pick out paint. We still have to move the beds to the center of the room so we can wipe down the walls and apply some spackle to the tack-holes, and there are things under the one bunk bed that we can't really reach, so there will be some fun when the beds are moved. We just plain couldn't handle anymore fun yesterday.

Time to get these guys out the door....

1 comment:

Martha said...

I am having recyclable troubles too, ever since the county decided not to pick them up in Ontario and Williamson starting the first of the year. I did not see that coming and had already collected them through December without taking them out. :/
Now our garbage company is supposed to take them. I have put them out twice now with no luck, yesterday being one of those times. No, I did not put them out Tuesday night because we were supposed to have this huge storm that never showed up. I am ready to dump them in the toter and have them go that way. :)

Good luck with the city driving today. As long as you can see better than Joseph you should be okay.