Can you stand another boring day recap? Here goes...
1. Up and out the door by 8:15 to my brother's house, to babysit for two of his grandchildren for a few hours with Kathryn. My oldest daughter Emily had Jonathan, Char, and Cam at her house for an overnight, so it was a teeny bit hard for me to leave knowing I could be working on bazaar stuff and wrapping presents with no little kids home. But, I enjoyed little Mimi and baby S.
2. Davian came to my brother's house, and then back home with me. He stayed here with Kathryn while I ran to the post office to pick up packages, although Joseph had picked them up while I was at my brother's. Then to the dollar store, Big Lots, Walmart, AND BJ's...hurrying home to sweep up and do the morning work I never got to...plus eat some brekky/lunch...
3. Then out the door to work at the basketball game. I was not thrilled to be the money manager. I don't like change, I don't like new things, and I didn't want to do it. I had to go to the money meeting, and I couldn't figure out how to lock and unlock the money bag. But I figured it out, and it was fine. We had to stay until well after the game was over, and the traffic was horrific. And...Jonathan had been texting me while I was working, telling me he was sick...his temperature was 99.5...then 100.5...and he feels awful. I also felt awful, not being home when my little guy is sick. But Daddy was here with them:)
4. I walked 4.14 miles today, according the ap on my phone.
5. Tomorrow I have lots of stuff to work on for the bazaar, and it's supposed to snow, so I hope I get to stay home.
6. Emily had the three youngest overnight, then she took the shopping for their secret santa gifts, and then took them for Chinese food and sushi. I am so extremely thankful for my older kids and how they bless the younger ones.
7. I don't want to tell them how much I miss them because I don't want them to get homesick, but I miss Abigail and Margaret so much. A year is a long time to be away from your daughters. I am thankful I am going to see them both in March!
8. I am at the Too-Tired-To-Get-Up-And-Go-To-Bed stage right now. I am so so tired. Partly because Duke is such a jerk. Ha, I like saying that because an old dog like Duke...he's nothing but goodness on four wobbly arthritic legs, and calling him a jerk...just makes me laugh. But I wasn't laughing at 4:00 this morning when he started that intermittent woofing. I knew he had to go to the bathroom, so I got up and he wobbled right to the door, wagging his tail...of course Suri had to go too, and they stayed out there for like ten minutes, finding the right places and sniffing around. It was pouring rain, so I had to get two towels and wipe them down when they came back in, and they were deliriously happy because they thought it was morning! Breakfast! Petting! Oh happy! No way. I told them to lie down, and I headed back to bed. It was NOT morning yet. Ah well. I tossed and turned but was happy to get back into my warm comfy bed anyway.
9. I am excited about Christmas. We are getting our tree on Sunday. I hope we have lots of lights that actually work. I hate doing the light untangling and the messing with the bulbs to get strands of them to work. 1st world probs, eh?
10. Tonight I got to spend lots of time working with my friend Angela. She is the most compassionate and thoughtful friend...she has 8 kids, and her husband is an 8 year cancer of the esophagus survivor, who has also had cancer re-appear in a few places, and had had different treatments, ect. If you are a praying person, pray for her, and her husband, and their family. Their kids are absolute gems. Their little boy Toby is Jonathan's bestie, he is so sweet and kind, he's a marshmallow. He has no guile. Anyway, I enjoyed my time with Angela...
Sorry...I am tired, and can't think straight...the house is quiet but no, I can't write...ha.