summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 19, 2015

having that attitude....


Camille still doesn't realize how uncool it is to take selfies with Mom. I took her in for a re-X-ray of her ankle, and yes, it's still fractured, but is setting in the right way. We waited in that room for so long, trying not to look at those ugly posters on the walls of hip fractures and osteoporosis bones...the nurses' station was right outside our exam room, and I heard someone say, "Alan, don't you have patients?" Alan was the Physician's Assistant we were waiting for. I wanted to open the door and yell, "You're damn right he has patients, Alan, get in here right this minute, young man!" Yeah, it's gotten so that lots of these doctors are young enough to almost be my kids...have they gotten younger....?


Camille didn't mind the wait though. She's a sunny child.

After a quick oil change, we went to Joseph's appointment with the oral surgeon. That waiting room was nice for Cam, lots of books, coloring books and crayons...but the 24 hour news station was blaring...we don't turn our television on except for to watch something specific, then turn it off afterward...muting it during commercials. The news is just sensationalized, and annoying, I read the news of course, but...anyway, I didn't like it much...Joseph ended up having the tooth pulled right then, which I was thankful for. He's been in such agony. He's a big boy, but honestly, it doesn't matter how old they are, especially when they're hurting, I still am Mommy.:)

Then home, only to leave again with Emily to do the shopping for the Christmas celebration for Sunday. We bought stuff for a nice brunch, and to make some cakes for dessert...a white with whipped cream and berries, and a chocolate drizzled with chocolate...served with whipped cream.

Emily is fun to spend a day with. She had to get up early this morning to go in for the first shift of our fundraising concessions at the basketball game (I am leaving in like 20 minutes, why I am still sitting here is beyond me), and tomorrow she has to get up really early to start preparations for the brunch. On her weekend off. I mentioned that it stinks she can't sleep in. She just looked at me, and said, "I don't mind." What a girl. She isn't going to complain.

Looks like time is ticking and I have to get out the door....have a happy Saturday!

No comments: