summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

quiet in here, rainy outside...

We are getting poured on. It is raining and raining out there. Rosie was a good girl this morning, she peed as soon a we got to her spot, instead of walking in circles finding just the right place, then very willingly went back up the deck steps into the house. No walking to the mailbox for the morning paper or down the road to sniff the place where the deer cross. Rosie does that, not me.

Benjamin sent me a picture of him in his uniform, from his friend's cell phone to mine. I sucessfully sent it to my computer, and was all set to post it here when I saw that his uniform sported the whole last name in black letters. I don't know if it is a big deal or not....sometimes I wonder about this whole blogging thing, telling stuff about my tummy to anyone who wants to know....and lots of people write their last names....but I have to think about it. After all, I put the picture on facebook, what's the difference?

Our clock stopped last night. I got the last child tucked in at 8:40, and felt pretty darn good about that. Then I discovered it was after ten. oops.

I love vacuuming. Because it drowns everything out, and I can think. We have tile and fake wood floors in the kitchen and living room, but I still vacuum almost everyday around the edges because I like to.

Joseph might go get the tree if we can locate the saw. I don't want to text Paul and ask him because if we get it I want to surprise him, for some strange reason.

Well,.....several hours have elapsed since I started writing this, in the interim I have cleaned my room, which I have somehow managed to keep nice since I re-did it in the summer, which is nothing short of a miracle since every time I clean a room I vow it will stay clean, and, well....like I said, it is a miracle.

I have washed clothes and bedding and fed the girls and loaded the dishwasher and washed the crockpot. I have swept the floor and cleaned up sunflower seeds from the couch and floor. I have sorted through three catch-all baskets that somehow turned into permanent fixtures in the hallway. The girls are happy and content today, they haven't fought at all. Camille did throw a fit because she didn't want any undies on, but I draw the line there.

They want me to read stories....

4 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

I hope you decide to post the picture. It is so wonderful to read your updates. I feel like you are my friend from across the country :-) Isn't the internet funny! Good luck with your rainy day!

mommeeof10 said...

I love how kids can just runb around naked without worring how they look. My 12 yr old was perfectly happy naked all the time when he was little. He was so surprised that I made him wear clothes when we left the house. He also would complain of being cold in the winter time, but not want to put on clothes...

This is the same child who for our trip Thanksgiving week to see my MIL, (she died the day after we got there) packed 1 pair of underwear, his favorite blanket, the game boy and the car and ac chargers for it after he was told to pack a few outfits. Good thing they have a walmart in Herkimer, near my mom's house. He was also cold before we went shopping, as he insisted on wearing a short sleeve shirt for the trip. Boys are strange!

Karen said...

Maybe you can figure out a way to blur the name and then post it.

Enola said...

I would love to see the picture but understand your concerns. You could always upload it to photobucket and black out the name part. Then post it here. It's pretty simple