summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 18, 2010

whew....

Oh, if I could only find that camera cord..

But I cannot.

So I will describe my day...

The skies were clear and sunny, not a snowflake in sight, excepting those which made up the blanket of snow that lined the roadway which the sun shone on....So much for all of my worries. We found the airport, parked and went in...the plane arrived, the soldiers were let off the plane first...when the first guy came though the doors and hugged his girlfriend, everyone standing there waiting, clapped. Then Benjamin and another guy came along, and everyone clapped again. It was embarrassing because as Ben said, "I didn't do anything to deserve that, yet..." He said that in the Cleveland airport a lady gave him $5 at the pizza place, and several people went up to him and thanked him. He may not have done anything "yet" to deserve the respect and thankfulness, but I am certain he will.

The ride home went by too fast, as he told us all about Army life, and we filled him in on all the fun stuff here....

We ended up taking Emily's nice little Suzuki, which got almost 30 mph with four people in it. Not bad. And don't tell Em I said this, but it goes FAST! Sam was surprised that I passed so many people and that I drove so fast, and I reminded him I usually have that big van....

Now we are home.....the girls picked up the house so nicely while we were gone, the tree and window lights are on, and we are going to make our Saturday Night Pizza. I have recovered from The Phone Call from Mali, the one where she said she thought Miss Charlotte Claire might have broken her arm....but it was fine a little bit later...which was nice, because there wasn't much I could do about it while I was driving down the highway......

We did stop at the little grocery store in town, and Aaron happened to be working. He gave Ben a big hug, which was sweet, and I wish I had taken a picture of it, but they would have hated me. I then invited Aaron to join Daddy and I and Ben for a beer date later in the living room....(Paul is at the Dome, basketball game, fundraiser, with Abigail and Mirielle and Joseph)....

Samuel and Kathryn were the lucky ones who went with me today. We stopped at TimHorten's on the way there and got some coffee and Timbits....makes the trip more fun.

And now it is pizza time...

5 comments:

holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

how exciting to have him home. Weather he has been to war or not, Army life is no joke, is hard ALOT of hard work, and soldiers are VERY under paid. Just serving for such little pay deserves a thank you. He is doing a job weather deployed or not, he is still part of the BIG picture.

Martha said...

The fun never stops, does it? :)
I am planning to make pizza one night in the very near future.
And, I also found it to be a lovely day, perfect in fact, aside from sick and hurting children who needed to shop but couldn't quite get int the mood.

Mom said...

So glad your boy is home safe and sound. And so pleased to know that people are treating our soldiers well--as they should! Hope you find the camera cord before the wedding! ;-)

mommeeof10 said...

My camera cord stays in a ziplock bag with the charger for the camera battery. But I have an SD card in the camera and built in card reader on 2 of my many pc's...