summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

another sunny day...

And I feel so stranded. Joseph took the Big Van to work this morning. He actually took it to a co-worker's driveway so he could catch a ride to work...it makes more sense than me driving him over there, half hour there and back, then picking him up later. It saves me an hour, and lots of gas. And, it makes me have to stay home, which, seeing that I went to Wallyworld and spent over a hundred yesterday, makes sense.

Walmart. Love it and hate it. Hate the lies: they had their "Made In America" campaign while setting up manufacturing in China. I hate the way they get to call the shots because they are so big, they run smaller businesses out, then raise prices. But I love the way they have everything. Yesterday, I needed dogfood. I had to leave anyway to go get post office boxes, so I procrastinated until the first trip kids got home, then co-erced Kathryn and Suzanne to go with Camille and I. Since they were good sports, I let them get some of that yummy healthy, ha, fried chicken to eat on the way home. Yes, I had some. But I had the breast piece. And no, I did not throw away the fried coating, that is the best part!

But I did go to the pool when I got home from the store. Put away the stuff, packed up the suits, and left. With no thought about the Daily Dinner Dilemma. Evelyn and Sonja were at Susan's helping with the twins, and the other big kids didn't want to go, so it was just Jonathan, Char, Camille, and I.

Abigail go there just as we did, so it was really fun. I didn't actually "swim", but I treaded water and exercised as much as I could while staying right near the kids.

So for weight loss, I wish it were the case that I need to eat more, but alas it is not so. When I do add some cheaty things, even just a little, that scale jumps up. When I eat cleanly with no cheating, it goes down. But I have to stick to it for days at a time, not just one day, then decide I deserve chocolate. Anyway, this morning was the official weigh in for Week Three of Phase Two. I was down a bit from last week, yay. And I realize that if I were reading this, I would be wondering how much this lady weighs. But I can't bring myself to write it yet. I keep thinking that when it goes down a bit, I will. Believe me, I still have a long way to go.

And, I ripped my new jeans. On both sides, right next to the belt loops. I would like to blame it on poor construction. I really would. They really weren't that tight. I was pleased with them, my first Levi's in almost thirty years. Yes, I have only worn skirts until last summer. Rain or snow. Year in year out. So I fit into these size 18 Denizen's from Target, made by Levi Strauss. And they felt so comfy. They lasted a week. What I am thinking is that I will get one of my more co-operative daughters to return them for me. Either that or I will suck it in really good while I explain I have no idea why they ripped. Naw, I think I will bribe a daughter...

I will mention that they were only $7.48, but STILL!

So I will go pack up the first box for Benjamin (Cindy, thank you for your clarification, I guess I watched too many "M.A.S.H." episodes). Mirielle is going to mail it for me because there is a post office right near the hospital.

One of the hardest things for me is to exercise first. I see so many things to do, but guess what? If I just discipline myself and work out first, I actually have more energy!!! Oh, and Cindy: the monitor I got is a MIO. I haven't figured out yet how to figure out how many calories I burned. But I liked finding out that I have a low resting pulse.

I only had time for a short walk this morning because I do not use an alarm clock anymore because I usually just wake up at the right time. Occasionally that fails, and I wake up half an hour late. Just enough time for a tiny little walk with Rosie. oops. I will take on later when the kids get home.

It has been a year now since I started eating right and exercising. I lived through Easter last year without gorging on candy. So I KNOW I can do it. This motivation is strong again, so I am trying to run with it because I know it can and will wane...I wish I was one of those moms who could just give the kids pretty pencils and sidewalk chalk in their baskets, but I cannot. They are getting all different chocolate bunnies, SweetTart jelly beans, Starburst Jelly beans, Cadbury mini eggs, Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, lots of German chocolate miniture bunnies and chicks from Aldi, and of course malted eggs.

It is really all in the head. Yesterday, for example, I contemplated a homemade cherry turnover that one of the younger kids decided not to eat. It had a few bites out of it, but it looked...well, luscious. I started to wonder if it was good, then I said to myself, "Of COURSE it is good!!! Do not even think about it!!!"....so I forgot about it. Ha, not really that fast, but it is in the thoughts...when I start thinking about something, I need to just say NO! Stuff does not usually just jump into one's mouth. Well, sometimes it does. Anyway, why put myself through the agony of considering whether to taste such things? One taste is torture anyway. And yes, I have to be this radical, if I am not, I will just go back to Before.

Enough about temptation.

Ashley is back in New York!!! I hope to see her soon. I want to give Rosie a bath first, because Baxter is a nice clean dog. One thing I love about Ashley is that she also loves Rosie. Not everyone does, believe it or not. Some people around here cannot stand her. Especially after she takes a drink and has a wet face, and approaches them and puts her head right in their lap for a pat on the head. I say, why not just pat her, but no, they have to shriek at her to GET. Poor dog. Anyway, it will be so nice to see Miss Ashley again. She drove across the whole U. S. of A.! That is amazing!

Sonja K. is home today. I am not sure why, but if you are from the school and reading this, I think she might be a little sick. It is so nice to have her here though, she needs some extra attention. Camille is beyond thrilled this morning....

3 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

You do NOT need to tell your weight, to anyone. Not telling how much a "little" is would be helpful, but teling your weight, no way! I strongly believe that is a personal infromation pact that one person should not have to share. And you know I am all about sharing all the "real" information but income and weight are two things I think a person should never ask ;-)

ccc said...

I bought the denizen levi's from target too! They were the 1st pair of jeans that I bought in about 12 yrs. Funny how we both just did that. I thought they looked good--not too much like "mom" jeans, but not too much like young girl jeans.

Anonymous said...

No no no, your weight is no one else's business and you certainly don't have to write it up here for the world to see. As much as the desired weight, your ideal, it is personal business!
You're doing a fantastic job!