summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 2, 2012

monday AGAIN??!

Well, that week went fast. Tomorrow is weekly official weigh-in for Week Three of Phase Two, and unless I have to have a limb amputated before tomorrow morning, I fear I will weigh the same as I did at the beginning of the month. It seems the scale inches down, then right back up, no matter how hard I try. rrr. I am starting to wonder if having my gallbladder out has anything to do with this stagnanttation, which I know is not a real word. This Excessively Long Plateau. The thought crossed my mind to buy a new scale, as if that would help. I did buy a heart-rate monitor to see how many calories I am burning, but I didn't figure that part out yet. I do know, however, that I have taken 3041 steps today. And that my resting pulse was only 56 last night, which my Mursing student son Aaron (male nurse= "murse"), did not believe until he took my pulse himself, and declared that it was pretty darned low for, "an old person". Thank you, Aaron.

The only good part of all this is that my clothes are a little bit looser, so I know that something good is happening.

And I am learning patience.

(Wah, I do not want to learn patience, I want to get really thin really fast!)

Anyway, anyway anyway. I have a large bin of things I have bought to send to Benjamin. The post office boxes I thought we had are missing, so I have to go and get a box today before I can pack anything to send him. I feel bad, because he requested some drink mixes to add to the water bottles, and I haven't shipped it out yet. I picture him waiting for a package during mail call, and not getting one, and it makes this mama's heart sad, but hey, he is not in kindergarten anymore. He will be okay.

Paul is turning fifty next week. He is old! It's funny because he is in the best shape of his life. He does Cross-Fit...rope climbing, pull-ups and pulling the tire with weights on it down the road, sprints, deadlifts, ect. He eats mostly Paleo, he takes good care of himself. He does not want a party. Which makes me want to throw him one....

Our elementary kids only have a three day school week. Friday is Good Friday, and Thursday is Grandparent's Day. They have no grandparents to go for them (Paul's parents winter in Florida). So they just stay home, it beats going to school and sharing someone else's grandparents.

Then they are on vacation again! The school calls it, "April Break", I call it, "Easter Vacation". Whatever it's name, it is going to be fun! Wonder if the kids think painting the kitchen is fun? I tried really hard to get a trip to Washington, D.C. going, but Paul can't get the time off work right now, too busy. blah. I have been there a few times, but the last time was when I was expecting Benjamin...I want to see the Holocaust Museum. And the Smithsonian Museum of American History. And and and...

So Monday morning. I wish I could say it was clean and shiny in here, but nope. We had a nice dinner last night. Emily and Abigail were here. We had roasted chicken breast and tossed salad and fresh buttered rolls, which I only had one bite of Camille's, and one bite of Char's. I taxed them, ha. Dessert was chocolate, some Lindt dark and some Hershey's Symphony Milk, all broken up on a big plate. Oh yum slap my hand, I had too much, no wonder I am not losing. It kills me because I eat SO healthily. I could understand if I was eating things like French Toast, and sandwiches and potatoes. blah. And wah.

But I shall not give up. No sir. I will fight this thing through, figure it out. Suffer 'til the end, make good decisions, keep exercising. (blah, it is one thing to deny oneself yummy things, endure those evening hunger pains when the others are having snacks when one is losing weight as a consolation prize, but jeepers...blah.)

Today Evelyn and Sonja K. are going to Susan's house to help her with her babies, and her three year old, William. Those twins are absolutely precious. Three months old now, smiling and cooing. I LOVE them. I am so glad Suze shares them with us all. Yesterday at church she let Kathryn feed Sebastian his bottle, and it was so sweet to see her, Miss Too Cool Kap, snuggling that baby.

Someone needs to sweep these floors, mop them, clear the counters and wash some dishes. Someone already threw in a load of darks, they need to be dried and hung up, and more needs to go in. Perhaps bedding, or socks, or maybe some lights. And someone has to go to the Post Office for some boxes. And and and. Yet, someone sits comfortably in her chair, with Camille snuggled up next to her. Procrastinating is her favorite.

3 comments:

Endo_Life said...

Just a thought, are you eating enough? I know, I know it is a strange to question to ask when you are losing weight but I found out that I wasn't actually eating enough food to lose weight. I joined wei.ght wat.chers and since eating more the weight comes off much easier. There is a free website you can use myfitnesspal I think which you can enter all your food and exercise. If it weren't for ww then I would be using it. It may help you get over your plateau. Good luck x

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

what HRM did you get?

As for the packages, if he is not in a main post they will take a few weeks to get to him. They don't actually do "mail call" they generally send out a letter to each aea that says if a person has a letter or package. Don't worry he won't be standing there watching everyone else get stuff :-)


Abought the weight loss, I belong to an amazing group on cafemom for healthy weight loss. Also, did you try my fitness pal to log your calories? Usually when you reach a plateau, you need to up your calories or your body will think it is starving and hold onto all the calories you take in.

Sarah Fergione said...

I've been on a super long weight loss plateau as well. I guess it's because I'm breastfeeding. Whoever said breastfeeding causes weight loss LIED TO ME. I lost weight in the first week and then I've been basically the exact same since then. Once in awhile the scale will be down 2 lbs or so, then RIGHT back up no matter how little or much I eat. I do need to start exercising more though, I just hate to do it at home and don't want to pay for a babysitter!

-Sarah
Dogs, Dogtags and Diapers.