summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 12, 2012

spring break, stop going by so fast!!!

I was MADE for vacations. I do not like schedules, nor commitments. I like spontaneous outings, and leisurely afternoons. I like when the kids get up and hang around in their jammies, when the little girls don't get their hair brushed for a few days at a time. I like when the blankets on the couches are being used, and when breakfast runs into lunch, which runs into dinner. I like the feeling of hope that comes with the fact that we can go on an adventure anytime we decide to.

It is not warm enough outside. Only in the forties. Charlotte Claire and Camille saw the deceiving sunshine this morning and decided they wanted to get that storage tub out again, on the deck, and fill it with water for their Barbies. No, dears, it is way too chilly for that. I know you did it already this year, but that was last month during Fake Summer.

I am a zombie this morning. I knew I would be, staying up until almost two o'clock watching a dvd of zombie shows that Sam chose from Redbox. Now, I do not particularly like scary stuff, movies that make me jump and cringe, but watching it with Kathryn and Suze and Samuel was really fun. I kept saying that I was going to bed, but I couldn't go until I saw what happened....then another episode would start...

So when the princesses started their laughing and shrieking this morning at eight o'clock, I was...blah, I was a zombie.

Now this vacation is not all sunshine and roses, of course. There are fights. This fine morning for example, Sonja K., who is almost ten, and Jonathan Robert, who is almost 8, are fighting. One of those on and on things, getting at each other. I told them that if they are bound and determined to keep it up, they have to go in their room together and stay there all day and they can fight all they want. I do not want to sort out argument after argument.

The girls, 9 of the eleven daughters of mine, are going on their second annual vacation to the ocean in a few months, and they have invited...not me, but Jonathan to go with them. Sonja has found out about this, and is rather miffed. I am not happy that she is not just happy about it. I am also not thrilled they would rather not have me along, but I do totally understand. Emily Anne is more adventurous than me and she likes being in charge. She is responsible enough, I mean, she is a nurse. But they like going off without Mom. So all the girls (and Jonny) except for the two youngest, are going.

I have cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes to make again, but I can't say for what, as it is a secret. I think I shall bake some today since it is supposed to be warmer and sunnier tomorrow....

No comments: