summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 14, 2012

friday, welcome!

I wish I could say I am looking forward to a leisurely weekend, but I don't know if I really know what that is, besides going away for a wine tour or to Jamaica or something. A leisurely weekend at home, ha. Tonight I have to serve dinner, as usual. And as usual, I am not sure yet what we are having.

Today I went to the grocery store with Emily. I am not sure if it was her idea of a Day Off from work, but she was nice and went with me when she found out I was going all alone. I got plums and bananas and grapes and spinach and bread and eggs and chicken and burger and yogurt and milk. And some Nerds for the kids, and some Diet Coke with lime for me.

Emily and I were driving along towards home when out of nowhere I saw that lovely sign: Pumpkin soft-serve ice cream. Oh, how could we resist? She asked if I wanted to go, and YES, I did!!! It will be our lunch, I said. What better lunch could one possibly have? It was every bit as yummy as it sounded, a bit spicy and nice and pumpkiny.

When I got home and put the groceries away, I intended to work out. I haven't missed a day this week yet. Well. I did some laundry, picked up a bit, and then got into my shorts. Ben called. I talked to him until the last possible moment before I regretfully had to tell him Goodbye, because I had to go pick the kids up from school. Home again with five little kids...Jon, Char, Camille and their cousins Sean, who is in kindergarten, and Danielle, a first grader. They had their snack, and are playing...and I haven't worked out yet. dang.

Benjamin is doing well. He is very happy these days, so thank you all SO much for your prayers for him. He and Ashley are reconciling, and she has already bought her plane ticket to be there when he gets off that plane from Afghanistan.

God can do amazing things.

I am too distracted to write right now...it is niggling at me that I haven't worked out, perhaps I will go get my shorts back on.....























3 comments:

Chet and Ashley said...

Praise God (Ben and Ashley)!
Blessings,
Ashley
www.chetandashley.blogspot.com

Melanie L said...

Praising the Lord that Ben and Ashley are reconciling. That is wonderful news!!

Grace said...

So happy to hear that Ben and Ashley are reconciling.