summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 6, 2012

my kindergarten baby....

She loves school. She gets up in the morning and gets ready cheerfully. But. She comes home a wreck. Yesterday she got off the bus crying because her new friend got off and two other kids came and sat with her. She cries like a dozen times from the time she gets home 'til we tuck her into bed at night. Early. Little things set her off. It is hard for me. I am wondering. Paul says to wait a bit more and see if she adjusts. I am ready to pull her out. But. She loves school. rrr.

I haven't been lonely yet. Today I watched my sister's grandson Davian for a few hours. Okay, so he took a long nap through most of it, but still. It was sweet.

My sister-in-law also came over for a visit. We had coffee, and more coffee, and went to town to Arby's for the free turkey club sandwich. (Joe said, "The poor turkey. Thought he was joining a turkey club, and ended up in a sandwich.") I ate mine without the bun, no mayo. No fries. No shake. wah.

Then I ate too many chocolate covered almonds this afternoon. See, I exercised...then went for a swim...and was hungry. I had a small yogurt, and a few of the almonds. ha, then a few more. I was SO hungry. Dang, I need a tall glass of self-control. Dinner, I behaved. Grilled chicken breast, broccoli, about a tablespoon of brown rice, and some cantaloupe. One tiny bite of red licorce, Red Vines are devine.

Samuel and I went for an after dinner walk, about a mile and a half. My morning walk was funny today...I took Suri with me, Suri who isn't interested in a brisk pace, Suri who wants to sniff everything. And, little did I realize until I was well into the woods - Mama Kitty was following me too. She walked the whole mile, up the Evil hill and back down. I must have looked like a crazy lady, walking with my puppy AND my kitty. Kitty didn't move more than a few feet from me the whole way.

It was a good day. I heard from Ben - the Sgt. who was hurt the other day has recommended him for a commendation for his actions...apparently the doctors at the hospital told the Sgt. that his medic saved his life. He had to have six units of blood....but he said, "Thanks to Doc, I will go home and see my three year old daughter."

I went shopping by myself yesterday. All by myself. I had to get a sketchbook for Kathryn, some folders for Jonathan....and some snacks for the school kids. We go through plums and bananas and yogurt and milk like crazy.

So life is busy enough. Homework and school clothes and lunches....

I am tired.









3 comments:

WicketsMom said...

She will get used to kindergarten. May be crying because the schedule change is tiring her out. My only child started kindergarten this year too (Aug. 20). He had been going to preschool so it wasn't as much of an adjustment, but the day starts earlier (if he gets on the bus at our house it picks up at 6:35am!)and they don't nap so he is tired and cranky when he gets home too. But he loves it! So far I've been able to adjust my work schedule to be home when the bus drops off. Our eight month old lab puppy waits in the driveway with me and gets so excited when she sees him get off the bus.

mommeeof10 said...

We kept #10 home for an extra year before he started Kindergarten. In VA, he would have had to be 5 by the end of september, so could have gone last year. But, everything I have read about child development says boys mature slower for things like sitting still, writing skills, taking turns etc. It is better for a boy to be one of the older kids in class.

mommeeof10 said...

Actually, that is #9. He will be 6 on Sep 8th. #10 is 3 1/2. She will start kindergarten at 5 1/2. Those spring birthdays!