summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

yeah, I stay at home...ha.

Joseph with Suri, whom Joe calls, "Bill". Yesterday someone called my cell phone and asked for Bill. I said, "That's our dog's name." The guy said he was looking for a human, thank you. I never know what I am going to say, makes me afraid to even answer the phone.

Seriously, can anything be more precious than a puppy curled up with kittens?

Sonja K. and Suri...

Um, what's wrong with this picture? Evelyn is allowed on the couch, but not Suri!

Benjamin, this one's for you!!! Camille is proud to be an American!

Evelyn Joy...she went to Panera Bread dressed like this, with Emily...I wish I had taken pictures of the rest of them...

Jonathan, Camille, and Charlotte Claire had a Foot Spa on the deck...but the girls decided feet weren't enough...

If you want to lose at Matching Game, just play with Camille. Her pile is the one with twice as many matches as the other. Ouch.

Camille Anaya, Matching Game Champion.

She had a dr. appt. today so she got to stay home. I COULD have driven her to kindergarten after the appointment, but we wanted to go to Walmart. We got the matching game there for only one dollar.

I brought her into the little candy store/pharmacy next to the doctor's office and let her pick out a candy, and get some orange juice. She said in her loud clear voice, "Mommy, why are you being so nice to me?".

Kittens...ready to go to a new home. Anyone want one?

You can ignore the countertop in the background. I was gone alot today. When Camille and I got home from Walmart, we played our game and did some laundry, I worked out while she snuggled in my bed with a notebook and a pen.

Then it was time to get shoes on and go to the big city to pick up Joseph. I packed Camille a lunch to eat in the van, and off we went. It was a lovely ride down the highway in the rain, with Camille telling me about how God flooded the world a long time ago because people were fighting, and that fighting is bad, and how a few days later He made a rainbow, and He can do whatever He wants, because He made the whole world. And that she listens to good thoughts, and forgives people because, "That is called apologizing, and that is GOOD, Mama."

Joseph was glad we were right on time to pick him up, but more glad that we brought Suri along. She rode home right on his lap in the front seat, getting pets and snuggles all the way. She has no idea she isn't a lap dog.

It is difficult to park in the big city. The three commuting students have one parking permit.. Joe is a first year student, his schedule is much different than Mirielle's and Aaron's. He can't just drive the minivan up there, because it is so expensive to get a second permit. I told him I would drive him sometimes, pick him up occasionally. I don't mind.

So...yes, I am a Stay At Home Mom. ha.

Dinner is in the oven. I put chicken breasts in marinade yesterday. There is also a pan of brown rice baking, and I have to put some veggies in the microwave.

It was more than nice to have Camille with me today.

All the kids are home from school now, and there is homework to do...which is one of my huge peeves...I mean, the younger kids get home from school at 4:15, 4:20...so I have four hours until they have to get into bed. Four hours. And they have homework, the first grader and the third grader, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I hate it. Just hate it. Yes, it teaches them responsibility. But. blah.

Anyway...time to get stuff out of the dryer and set the table and help Charlotte Claire set up a tent in the living room....























1 comment:

Mum said...

Such sweet kitties. I love the little grey patches on the white one. My grandmother told me when I was a little girl that God cut kittens' fur out of big roll. When he got to the end, rather than waste the scraps, he made patches. I'd love to take one home if we were not so far away.