summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

my scary walk....

Paul got up at six to go to the gym. I should have just gone with him, but no, I had to lie in bed procrastinating...not that I don't like getting up, but honestly, some mornings I have to give myself a cheery little speech, count my blessings sort of thing.

Anyway, I put my sneakers on and headed down the road with Suri. It was chilly, and the sun was only just up. There was a cow from the farm down the road, lowing. Is that the right word, "lowing"? More like bellowing, actually. Like it was frightened. Suri was treading slowly, with that worried look on her impossibly cute little face. I wondered what was happening to the poor cow, then I thought of survival stories wherein the person would sing praises to the Smart Dog who just knew there was danger, and alerted the person. I looked at her, her tail was almost between her legs. She did not want to enter the woods. She has walked through the woods before, but this morning, she was afraid. I am only afraid of the woods when I think about being afraid. So that made two of us. Then...shots rang out!! Six loud gunshots, close by. I think someone might have been hunting geese, but it scared the bejeesus out of us, we turned around and scurried right back where we came from. We didn't reach our driveway yet when another half dozen shots were fired. dang. Not a good walk.

Anyway, today is a special day. Sonja K. is home with me for reasons I will not embarrass her by disclosing, but the child is only ten years old. what???! So I am being kind to her and taking her shopping. She has been bellyaching about having, "nothing to wear", and she ran out of school clothes after the first three days, ect. Now, being the 13th child, and ninth girl, one would think there would be plenty around here to wear. But. Just because there are a whole lot of kids doesn't mean they aren't picky. I love S.K., she is a little sunshine, although lately she has been a moody little sunshine, now I know why at least...anyway, I want to bless her today. Just feel like it, spoiling her a little.

We are leaving soon, she is all dressed and bugging me, so goodbye for now.

2 comments:

Tereza said...

That's so scary!! Glad your safe! Crazy how some girls have these issues early! Hopes he feels better!

Anonymous said...

and that is exactly why I think you are such a lovely Mummy, because you spoil a child JUST BECAUSE. Just because you think she needs it, just because you know it makes a big difference for her, just because you want her to feel better.