summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

happy birthday to camille anaya...

I am not a total slacker, I made cupcakes for her class last night. With pink frosting and sprinkles. They totally look like bakery cupcakes. I tasted the frosting, and yummers, as Mirielle would say.

I did not bring them into her classroom though. I sent them on the bus with Jonathan. He was holding the container very carefully, and I told him that if they got a little smushy, it was okay. I hated to say that, but he was just being SO careful.

And just in case anyone remotely cares, I am not jumping up and down about the election results. I don't want to get into my long list of reasons, but rrr.

I have swept some floors and washed some dishes and put some laundry in to wash already this morning. Not to mention the hair I brushed, the lunches I packed, the dog I fed and walked. I helped Jonathan alphabetize his 21 spelling words, and packed their snacks. They all go out the door, silence. I would rather have the chaos, thank you!

We are celebrating Camille's birthday on Sunday...because there is Activity club tonight, probably something tomorrow, stuff on Friday night (ice hockey/skating and chorus/band practice), a football game at the Dome on Saturday...so Sunday was free. Church in the morning, then her party...then Abigail told me the youth girls from church were planning a dinner...blah. So we shall see who ends up where....

My mother-in-law, Eleanor, has been keeping in close touch with me...Paul's dad is in the hospital. He fell and hit his head, was unresponsive for a bit, then had an episode of a-fib., and is just really exhausted. Eleanor sounds really tired out. They do have friends and family down there, but I would love to go down to Florida and see her.

So as much as I would love to stay home on this cold autumn day and get my house all spic and span, I need milk and would like some frozen fruit and some things for Activity club tonight....

In weight loss news, or lack of therein, blah. I need to kick-start this thing! Again! My poor body is so used to what I eat, the pounds are just not dropping off anymore. Time to get creative again, eat cleaner. I feel like a sensor goes off somewhere when I eat one handful of chocolate chips, and tells the scale to add a pound. It is supposed to be mathematical, but there is no way I have eaten 3500 extra calories when that scale goes up a pound. No way.

Anyway, I am going to work harder and get this thing moving. Again.

Last night I made home made meatballs for dinner. I didn't even make pasta, just the meatballs, sauce, and green beans.


































5 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

so sorry about your FIL. You are on a roll today, I am impressed. Happy birthday to Camille. (((hugs to you )))) lol. I know how you feel about them having to grow up ;-)

Not much longer and Ben will be home, how exciting! I can not wait for that blog!

Unknown said...

Della, I just love you. I get so much inspiration from you and your posts. I dreamed about you last night: there was a wedding going on at your house and I made you dress up because you deserved to be pampered, too. Much more happened but I'll spare the strange, dreamy details. Though we've never met, I feel like I know you so well. The internet is a strange place, don't you think?

jeanette said...

Just lost my comment somehow but wanted to wish your sweet daughter a very Happy Birthday. You are doing great on the weight loss and should be proud of yourself. Have a great day.

Chet and Ashley said...

Happy birthday to your sweet Camille!

I care about what you have to say about the election...I have tried to look on the bright side (and of course know that God is sovereign), but those results put me on a real funk today!

16 blessings'mom said...

I know Cindy, I can't wait either. I hope I am brave enough to grab a few pictures, I know there will be tears... Dana, hello! The internet IS a strange place, but I am glad to live in this day and age. What a good way to connect with people. Thank you for dreaming about me! And Jeanette, thank you! Ashley, were you as incredulous with the results as I was?! Dang, what are people thinking?