summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 5, 2012

out and about on monday...

Camille and I had places to go this morning. She wanted to pause and play in the snow on the deck, but we had to hurry hurry to the dr. Our perfectly good reason for running late this time was that I was helping Joseph locate his birth certificate, so that he can get an enhanced driver's license to go to Canada for our church Christmas feast next month. His passport has expired, and they are so expensive to renew. His birth certificate is not in the drawer with all the others, for some reason.

Anyway...off we went. (Joe just has to go to the courthouse and get a new one). Camille saw the dr., got some magic drops put on the warts, and left with stickers and a Reese's peanut butter cup, and five coupons for free kids' meals from Applebee's. (some night when all the older kids are at a youth meeting or something, we can take the younger kids out to dinner!).

After the grocery store, where we met up with my sister...and bought bananas and pears and burger and green beans and yogurt and eggs. Camille got to pick out a donut, and I got a nice hot cup of coffee. I did want a donut, I did. But I didn't have one.

Walmart to buy Samuel a belt. He wears a uniform three days a week to his Criminal Justice class, and has to wear a black belt. He and Paul have been sharing. Paul wants his belt back.

I got Jonathan something for Christmas that he wanted last year, this year it was on clearance. I hope he still wants it. I bought Camille a fancy red crinoline skirt for 75% off.

Home...in with the groceries, and time to clean up the Monday Mess. Into the wash with towels, out of the dryer with a load of bedding. Sweep the floors, wash some dishes...then time to work out. A nice little break with a yogurt and a few chocolate chips, then time to make the dinner. A nice big pan of chicken soup with potatoes, carrots, and peas is simmering on the stove.

Some of the younger kids and I are meeting Abigail at the pool soon. It is not a nice night to go to the pool. It is cold, and getting dark already. But, they have energy, and goodness knows I can always use the exercise.

Plus, they already have their suits packed. And, I committed to Abigail. So I can't back out.

Camille got her birthday card in the mail from Gramma today. She was so thrilled! She jumped up and down and told everyone over and over again that, "I am rich! I have thirty dollars! I can buy anything I want!" Her joy and innocence are so refreshing. And, hilarious.

She was so good at the dr. office. She sat nice and still while the dr. applied the medicine, and put on the bandages. A day out with just Mommy is not taken for granted by Camille.

I just had a nice afternoon cup of coffee with two frozen Paleo pumpkin cookies. It should tide me over 'til dinnertime. I have learned the hard way not to go to the pool on a stomach that is too empty. Growl growl growl. Something about swimming makes me so hungry. I will have to make sure these guys save us some soup.

Tomorrow I have a coffee/tea date! I am invited over to visit my friends. Dave is a survivor of asophogeal cancer, five years out! He and Angela have 8 kids, and are just amazing to be with.

At some point I have to make cupcakes to bring into kindergarten for Camille's birthday Wednesday, and for the activity club in the evening. Ha, real busy, right?










































No comments: