summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

what about these three soldiers???!

Three of them. All Engineers from the Oswego Reserves. In Afghanistan, another Forgotten War. They were clearing a road, hit an IED. Their names: Army Spc. Brett E. Gornewicz, 27 years old. Army Spc. Ryan P. Jayne, 22 years old. Army Staff Sgt. Dain T. Venne, 29 years old. They died. A fourth soldier was injured but is expected to survive.

The governor of New York has requested that flags fly half-mast from government buildings on Wednesday in honor of their sacrifice.

I am just a little upset that our local news has reported nothing about this. Not a word.

And that is my morning rant. rrr.

I thought the least, the very least I could do, was write their names. Certainly their families didn't forget them, they have the unenviable task of going to Dover, Delaware, to claim their bodies.

Perhaps because my son is due to leave that place so soon, I feel a bit guilty about the ones still there. It is hard to be jubilant about Benjamin being out of danger, when all those other soldier still are.

So the least I can do is write their names. Yes, I am crying for them. It won't do a bit of good, but I can't help it.

So I WILL go out and vote today. Not because I really think it will help, but because too many have suffered and sacrificed so that we get a chance to vote...it shouldn't be taken lightly or for granted.

Because whether we "believe in" whatever war we are fighting or not, those soldiers sign up to uphold the principals of this country. They DO suffer, even if they come home well and good. I personally think the most special thing about our military is that they join of their own accord! They join because they WANT to protect their country. They feel strongly enough about freedom that they are willing to put themselves in harm's way to protect it.

So, I will go vote. I don't get too much into politics, but I know that whoever supports Israel will be blessed, so I am behind whoever will do that. And we all know who doesn't.

And, that is the end of today's rant.

But not the end of the post. Ha, I have more to say. Jonathan 8, Charlotte Claire 6, and Camille almost 5, met Abigail at the pool yesterday afternoon. It was already pitch dark at 5:30, thanks to the time change. All three of the little ones swim with no floaties now. No fear, they jump in, and they swim underwater. Camille started to fall apart by the time we were dressing to go home. She had worn her suit there under her clothes, and gotten some clean undies to wear home. I thought she had packed them in her little bag like Char did, but apparently she forgot to get them. She had a FIT about it. She wanted to wear the wet suit bottoms home, no sir. It was way to chilly out. She did not like the whole situation one little bit, and I just wanted to get home and eat some hot soup. I somehow got her out the door of the gym and into the van..she fussed and cried all the way home.

I always said my youngest wouldn't be a brat. ha.

But she is a smoochy brat!

And now, I shall get out of my comfy chair and get a few things done around here...










































1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

so many soldiers get a 15 second bleep on the news, but whitney huston gets full coverage. It is really sad. Lot os prayers for the families of those soldiers.