summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 11, 2013

oh, me sick!


Yes we had snow. I shoveled for the fun of it, Paul did did the rest with the snowblower. We had a party for the kids, lots of little friends over, chaos and treats and fun and pizza. Then yesterday we worked at the Dome...and I started feeling awful. Horrible. Fine one minute, then felt dizzy and like I was going to get sick. Then we got really busy, and it passed. Syracuse won the game, the crowd was huge, the noise deafening. By the time we got home, I was feeling low again...and now, I am sick.

Sick sick sick. I haven't thrown up yet, but I know I am going to. I have only had water today, and two unfrosted mini vanilla cupcakes the girls baked while we were gone yesterday.

There are very few times in my life I don't feel like eating, and I am thankful for this one small aspect of being sick. And, since I haven't eaten anything at all, even if I did want some ice cream or something, I wouldn't care.

So when the mom gets sick, life goes on. I had to get up this morning and arrange for all my responsibilities to be taken over, and believe me, I am so thankful that Joseph is here today! He picked kids up, went to appointments, went to the store, paid the taxes. Not with his own money though:). Anyway....it's not like a free vacation, though there have been times when I had more little ones when being sick was rather hell-ish.

Right now, my stomach hurts and I feel horrible. My back hurts too, and my bed is uncomfortable, I just can't sleep anymore. I had bad dreams during my daytime sleep, dreams of falling in a deep deep pool and not knowing which way was up.

I thought if I got up and came out here I would feel better but I don't. I like being around my kids, but they seem to have long forgotten how awful they felt last week....they are lively and spunky and I just ain't up for it right now. So I shall go back to my lonely bed and endure feeling horrible....thankful I am able to do that...these guys might fight and squabble and eat all the ice cream, but at least there isn't a breast feeding baby and a toddler bent on getting at the sugar bowl....goodnight.


5 comments:

Martha said...

Aw, being mommy and being sick is just not a good combination. Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better by the time you read this! Yep, the not-feeling-like-eating would be the only good part about this.

FLmom7 said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Chet and Ashley said...

I'm praying you feel better ASAP!!!

Tereza said...

You do explain moms being sick...so well!!!!