summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 15, 2013

stay at home mom..ha.

I have stayed home a few days since I became a Stay-At-Home-Mom like 28 years ago. But today will not be one of those days. Suri needs to go to the vet for a check-up in a few minutes, so I thought it would be nice to sit here and blog until the last possible minute, then hurry fast and probably be late. Then I have a few hours home until I have to go pick up five girls and head over to the suburbs where the dreaded mall is located. Pick up some eyeglasses and contact lenses, check out some clearance racks, perhaps exchange my eighty dollar sneakers. I love them, they are orange, but too tight on my stupid fat feet.

Emily has invited our whole family to her house for dinner tonight. Paul won't be attending, since he is going to Connecticut for the weekend. Sam is going to his friend's house to play airsoft. Evelyn is going to Fort Drum (Army base) to visit some of our friends and play with their children. So some of our family will be bombarding Emily's place. I hope she realizes that by "family" that means "Suri". ha.

Tomorrow she is hosting a work party at her house. I don't know how much work will get done, but I plan to go help her with food. She will feed her helpers well!

And, when school gets out today, vacation starts! I wasted lots of time looking at hotel deals, found a place in a small city not to far from here for $65, thought it would be fun to take some kids for one night, but the room was too small, just one big bed. We need a suite, or at least two doubles or two queens. Or two rooms, but ha. Anyway, I love the open slate of vacation...I know the spaces will fill in with the ordinary demands of life, but for now, I love that vacation free-ness that is coming up.

And, since I would like to wash my long tangly hair before I go to the vet today, I shall sign off and jump into the shower.

No comments: