summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 28, 2013

almost friday....

Not that trials and tribulations take a vacation, but weekends ARE nice. And because I am a NICE mom, I let my two little princesses stay home today and start their Easter Vacay early. They just got out of one of their marathon bubble baths, and are going to eat the lunches I packed for them to take to school, before I gave in to the temptation to keep them home.(Camille has a cold, and has been so tired lately...she has been having these little breakdowns after school, crying about the simplest things....just tired out) They have been very busy playing this morning, they have been into the envelopes, writing "mail" to put into their purses. They have bags of items all over the living room, and a chair and a couch covered in bears, tigers, and a stuffed Snoopy. Since I scored a Little Tikes shopping cart for $2.99 yesterday at the thrift store, they are really into playing Store. They used to fight over our old Tikes cart, but now the new one is the thing to battle for, it doesn't have any broken wheels.

Sometimes there are so many things going on at the same time my head spins. Just small things, like making an appointment for one of the girls who has a bump behind her ear...probably not a big deal, but. The big K always comes to mind with lumps and bumps. (and yes, I know it starts with, "C".) My brother AND my sister have had daughters with cancer, now doing well and fine, but...it I think our innocence is gone...we know it can happen.

The minivan needs to be inspected. It ran out last month.

Our Swanson Kitty had three kittens this morning.

I went to the pool this morning.

Yesterday I worked out AND went to the pool, YES! but...I cannot brag without also confessing....I ate well all day, then...oh dang, too many dark chocolate covered almonds during American Idol. I am figuring this out though. I have certain things I allow myself, and sadly, can't always stop at the right portion. So I think I am going to have to make these things off limits.

For dinner last night, I made waffles for the kids. Actually, I made the batter and supervised while Jonathan poured it into the iron and kept watch, and took them out when done. Sonja cut up some oranges, and I browned up some ham. Then I made omelets for some of us, with red peppers and sausage and pepperoni...cheese for them, not me.

I wish my house was all clean and shiny, and if anyone stopped in unexpectedly I wouldn't nearly die. But since wishes aren't real, I shall put a little elbow grease into the place...again. Oh, it does not stay clean. Especially when there are princesses playing. And a Bad Puppy, like Suri. She is the good-est, sweetest, nicest puppy ever, but she is still a puppy. She put her head right into a bag of Barbies the other day, pulled out a small Kelly princess, and ate her arms. She also chewed the heck out of Camille's adorable flower headband from the wedding. She likes to sneak into the hamper and steal undies...and chew them to smithereens. She chewed one of Charlotte Claire's sandals, Char was heartbroken. I told her there was nothing we could do but laugh about it, and take it to school to show for Show And Tell. So she did.

Anyway. I am trying to pack my suitcase for the weekend, which sounds easy enough. But. I only have one pair of jeans I like. I am wearing the 14's right now, to see if I can possibly wear them out of the house yet. I think not. Too much muffin. Now that I don't wear skirts as much, wearing one to tromp around Civil War battlefields seems..restrictive and uncomfy. Plus, I want to wear my spiffy new Addidas. I don't really care much what people think of me, but skirts and sneakers...nah. Anyway, I am in the middle of packing my suitcase. I am bringing apples and oranges and almonds and beef jerky. I have peanut M&M's packed, thought they would be good to take with us when we are off exploring, but I question the wisdom of this.

I am not satisfied with the weight I have lost. Nor should I be. But I have almost forgotten how far I have come! As I tried clothes on this morning while trying to pack, I found myself disgusted at my jiggly tummy, at my back fat. Rolls, still. rrr. Then I came across a pair of size 22 jeans...I pulled them on. Huge. Falling-down huge. I remember when I bought those, that jubilant feeling of fitting into them. Uh-huh, things HAVE changed. Not enough, but still. I am thankful for the progress I have made, however slow it has been.

Now to make some phone calls and clean some floors and put away some clean clothes....









1 comment:

AUTISMOMMA said...

I have a pair of size 20 jeans I keep at the back of my closet just to remind me where I was a few years ago. Currently, I am not my smallest but I'm also not at my largest.

Out of curiosity, I was wondering if you still eat oatmeal for breakfast...?? Back a few years ago I was eating some oatmeal bars because the ones I was eating had a lot of fiber in them. When I looked back to where my "stall" began, it was when I started eating those oatmeal bars. As soon as I cut those out, I started to lose again. Although they had all that fiber, they were still just too carby for me to continue to lose pounds.