summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

nothing new under the sun....

I went to the pool this morning after the kids got on the bus. I swam some laps, tread some water, got my heart rate up. And I thought about things. I thought about how I have not made progress in this weight loss thing...in way too long. Day after day and week after week, I remain optimistic. Because I have no choice. I know I can do better...I know. So I press on.

Evelyn and I had fun on our library adventure. I chose four books, she gathered up a stack. At the check-out desk we learned that our overdue fines exceeded the amount of cash I had in my purse, and my handy-dandy check book was all out of checks...and the library does not accept credit cards. I was mildly embarrassed, but not dying or anything. So we asked the nice girl to save our books for us while we went to the bank. Now, this large fine was not entirely my fault. Kathryn has had a book in her room for a while, it did not make it into the return pile on our dining room table. The little girls have a fairy book out, I should have gotten that one back. Most of the fine was from the girls' movie night a few weeks back...the dvds were out for way too long. oops. Anyway, by the time we went to Target and Price Chopper, the nice girl at the library had put my books back, but not Evelyn's. And apparently a few other patrons wanted the same books, because they were not where I had gotten them from...rrr.

Anyway...we got some Easter candy in Target, a few clearanced bras, a dress for Evelyn that was drastically reduced and fit her wonderfully, and a few $2 shirts for the princesses. Then to the grocery store for bananas, salad stuff, milk and chicken and kitty litter. I found some 8 packs of Greek yogurt tubes...they were marked down to $1.01 with two one dollar off stickers on each one. The cashier only took one coupon off each, but I can't complain. I paid one penny each for packages of yogurt. Yes, I did send Evelyn back for six more packages. Nine cents for 72 tubes of Greek yogurt.

I am not pregnant. I will spare the details, but I was thinking that just maybe I was. When I took the test, my heart gave a little lurch as the line looked like it was turning blue, but it didn't stay that way. Nope. Positively negative. I guess getting old has it's own set of challenges in the monthly regularity department:( Life is harder to plan...

We plan anyway. This weekend, I do believe we are going to Gettysburg. There are so many hotels to choose from...when it is just the two of us, we don't need to stay at a place that includes breakfast...for one thing, for just two days, we can go out to breakfast...that way we can sleep in as late as we want without worrying we will miss it. I rather like an indoor pool, but don't need it. A nice long hot shower is pleasant enough. And if we are walking around alot, as we probably will be doing there, viewing the battlefields, I don't necessarily need the exercise.

Well...it is a nice sunny day. I would really like to go crawl in bed with one of my library books, but it is too sunny for that. It is nice out, too, above freezing. Which in central New York, means NICE. So I will switch over the laundry, putter around and clean up a bit, and take Miss Suri out for a walk.

No comments: