summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, March 3, 2013

sunday sunshine....

It isn't actually sunny here in central New York state, but the sun is sort of illuminated from behind the clouds, it isn't totally dark and dreary. Plus, Sunday Sunshine sounded nice.

Yesterday was a Dome day, a basketball game. By the time I got home and sat and put my poor aching feet up, elevating my throbbing knees, it was clear that I wasn't going to stay that way for long. No, we were almost out of milk. No bread. No grapefruit, and I like to eat one every day. And so on. So I took Kathryn and Evelyn, and off we went. We checked out TJMaxx, looking for some skirts...no luck. But I did find some nice brown washcloths and a blue ceramic pitcher, things I really needed:). Then to Target. New curtains for Sam's room for $4.75, a sweatshirt,shirt and tank top for Kathryn's birthday, a bracelet for Evelyn which she did not need, but she put it in the cart, and a I picked it up to jettison it, I noticed that it WAS 70% off..so I let her get it. $2.98. Then to the grocery store. I let the girls get the pizza slice/soda special while I wandered around by myself.

Home again....Paul had served the kids here a nice dinner, taco salad. Abigail had the four youngest all afternoon while we were at the Dome. They got home with huge pink pieces of posterboard and big plans of what they were going to color on them. Paul and I were tired, but managed to have a movie night anyway.

Today....church. Kids playing now, noise, sitting here with my feet up while we watch a documentary about the tsunami in Japan a few years back. Charlotte Claire had to confirm that this wouldn't happen here where we live. Then she asked how the people lived through it. Um, they didn't. She said they should have used lots of helicopters. well, sweetie....don't grow up. Go play and don't watch this.

Dang, watching the magnitude of desolation suffered by some of these coastal towns in Japan...thousands of people killed...wow does it put things in perspective for me today. What are my trials, in comparison?

Now to get moving...off to church we go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should watch the movie the impossible, maybe not with the kids as it can be a little gruesome at times but it was a really moving movie. It's a true story about a family that was on holiday when the tsunami hit who get separated and try to find their way back to each other. I'm pretty sure it just won a bunch of awards at the oscars!

weathergirl said...

They did use a bunch of helicopters. In fact, the US Navy sent ships up there as fast as they could (from the base near Tokyo) and they used their helicopters. A lot of people were saved who might not have been otherwise.

Do you happen to know the name of the documentary you watched? I'd like to check it out.