summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 15, 2013

another week whizzed by.....

Just give me a couple minutes to write, I tell my kids sometimes. I just like it. It relaxes me. They are home from school today, they have a day off for Staff Development Day. Which I imagine means the teachers are dancing in the hallways and ordering pizza. Or maybe that's just what I would do. Anyway, they are very busy today. The little kids are playing and the older kids are sleeping. The four youngest slept in the living room, which Suri loved. She took turns sleeping with them. When Mirielle and Aaron came in from their late night clinical, Suri was on the couch with Charlotte Claire, Char's feet on Suri's tummy.

We are running out of oats, and have no bananas. No apples or pears and the grapes are running low. No yogurt. Almost no bread. Dang.

Tomorrow I have to work at the Dome again, lacrosse game. Mirielle, Margaret, and Mali are also working, but the boys aren't. They are going to a young brothers' conference at church. Then Sunday, we are having a wedding shower for my sister's daughter Janet. Mirielle and Emily and I are making the food...so we will shop on Sunday morning and prepare the food in the afternoon.

Yesterday afternoon, I picked the three youngest up from school and went the small city. It was cold and windy, so I took them to McD's to play on the playground. I haven't done that much in the last few years, as I don't like feeding them the junky food. But moderation is also a good thing to teach them, I guess. I had a few chicken nuggets and a fruit and yogurt parfait with my coffee. They really had fun running around and meeting other kids.

We also stopped at a store and bought some gifts for the shower. Charlotte Claire suggested a hair dryer and some towels. I thought that was funny. They really were helpful trying to choose a gift, but I was pretty certain they were gonna break something. Don't Touch seemed to mean Touch Everything.

I have no right to complain about the scale not moving down. No right at all. But guess what? I will anyway. Even though I had popcorn for dinner last night. Then, I had some Candy Unjunked peanut M&M things. Dang. I do fine all day, but the evenings, I need to just rrrrrrrr. Oh, regrets are lovely, but they don't make the scale go down.

Well, kids are starting to wonder if we are doing fun things today...isn't this fun? It is snowing out again, and it is cozy in here.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

next week is sprain break for my kids..and it does not feel very springy at all!!!!

That dog of yours probably LOVES being in your family. Sounds like there is no lack of attention for her