summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

joining the Army...

Not me, silly! Samuel James. Am I jumping up and down about it? No. But I will support him 100%. He is driven to join. He has never wanted to do anything else. He won't actually ship out until after he graduates from high school. So he is doubling up and graduating in January. We talked to the recruiter for a few hours this afternoon:)

So....here I am at home again, ready to go off down the road for a walk...to burn off that Chinese takeout I had with Sam...blah. just blah. Too salty, too yucky, but why is it so good?

Perhaps tomorrow my post will be longer and more interesting...

2 comments:

Martha said...

The army didn't want my boys... Can't say I'm terribly disappointed.

I've been treadmilling this past week. At least two miles each evening. My feet are tired and I'm starting to wonder when it is going to get easier. Probably after I lose 20 pounds.

Karen said...

My friend was just telling me about doing "planks"..."works 28 core muscles and 1 minute a day is as good as 100 crunches". I'm trying to persuade myself that this would be a good thing...