summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 6, 2013

lazy saturday....and...we are going to Disney!

Laundry, swept floors, took Suri outside...made one scrambled egg for Miss Camille, regular eggs for some of the rest of us while Jonathan made the toast...made some sausage, coffee....tea for Miss Char....then out the door with Paul and Emily to a walk-through of our latest church fundraising venture: food vending at the baseball stadium in the big city. We will be working 33 games this season, but only ten are needed at a time, so we shouldn't be too overly busy. Dress code: black pants or khaki pants. I do not like either, but also I do not own either. So, to Walmart I will go. I am not a huge baseball fan, but I think it will be fun anyway.

It is sunny and cool here in central New York state. We are full of anticipation to watch Syracuse play in the Final Four tonight...they are our team, after all, we worked all those games in the Carrier Dome, and got to see lots of parts of games...they were national champs ten years ago, and it was so much fun.

We stayed up late late late last night, and I am tired. But I won't waste the time on a nap. It is too pleasant to be home and have the kids milling around. The princesses are having yogurt with whipped cream and pretzels. Paul and Sam are turning the channels back and forth from the Yankees to the channel the basketball experts speculating on the outcome of tonight's game. I don't mind watching the game, but the endless comments and opinions and predictions, no thank you!

The kids have been in and out today...the sunshine looks so inviting, but there is a cold wind. Spring can just come anytime now!

I want to exercise, but my poor knee is killing me today. I would love a walk down the road...wah. And the pool is closed this afternoon.

Yeah, so we are going to Disney. My nice mother-in-law is glad we are going to visit her in Florida, and thinks the kids should get to go there, so our birthday presents this year...will be to take the five youngest to The Magic Kingdom. The long drive is something I could do without, but I think we will have a good time with the little ones. I love my teenagers and older kids, but the younger ones are so refreshing...and have fewer opinions:)

Well, the girls want Daddy to play baseball with them outside, I guess I will mosey out there and play too...not that I can run speedy fast or anything...or hit the ball, ha. Perhaps we should do kickball instead.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Fun! One of my favorite places..enjoy!!!!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

OK I somehow missed this, when are you headed to Disney???? Jim and I want to take the boys to Legoland which is right near there and we were trying to decide when to go. Maybe we can meet up! You know that Orlando is only 6 hours from me :-) I can almost walk to Florida from my house :-)