summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 7, 2013

what is "normal"?


Charlotte Claire and Camille ....

Sonja K. with Suri....

This is the end of our living room. Bins of dollhouse stuff and school supplies and stuff.

Joseph and Sam, and Suri.

Our coffee table with some Easter baskets on it...

The couch...with only a few clothes on the arm...and a baby doll taking a nap.



No, the camera wasn't tilted. The bookcase is crooked. The wall holds it up. Lovely.



Little snack for the princesses...a towel on the yoga step...



Suri, friend to all...

And, some smooches...

So...what is normal? Our house is comfy. Our house is not dirty, but it is lived in. We make ourselves at home here. The kids rollerskate in the living room and kitchen. They make tents and forts and they pack things for fake trips. And real trips, like spending the night at big sister Emmy's house. They don't like to unpack. So are we normal?

We have a busy week coming up. Tomorrow, three kids have dentist appointments...they have to be picked up from three different schools. Then Tuesday we have a trial run before opening day at the ball park...we will learn to run the registers and serve the food. Wednesday, we work at a lacrosse game at the Dome. Thursday...nothing. Friday: we have to be at the ball park before noon for opening day. Saturday: another lacrosse game at the Dome. phew. Then next weekend, a church conference...with the candy store running, and I have only purchased three packages of candy so far.

I am tired already, and the week hasn't even started yet.

The little ones are tucked in bed, and it is relatively quiet in here.




2 comments:

Martha said...

I'm beginning to think my house is dirty and lived in... Well, dusty anyway. Is dust really dirt?

16 blessings'mom said...

Well I guess one man's dust is another man's dirt. I omitted how dusty it is in here. That darned cleaning lady just won't show up. I got distracted when writing this post, my point about "normal" was that while I want to get rid of the table that holds the miscellaneous stuff, Paul wants to start seedlings in egg cartons and put them on that table. In the living room. Normal? I guess I don't really care, but I always wanted a house that I wouldn't be embarrassed of...and...well...that just isn't happening:)