summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 5, 2013

just call me gramma! uh huh!

Benjamin and Ashley are proud to announce...they are having a baby! We are going to be grandparents, Paul and I! She has had a sonogram, the baby is growing well and healthy, she feels fine, and they are so excited!

We had a nice family dinner tonight, taco salad with green peppers and tomatoes and black olives and lettuces and cheese and sour cream and hot sauce and salsa and wraps or taco chips. I did have a few of the lime chips, the crumbs from the bottom of the bag...so good. Paul left to drive Margaret and Evelyn over to Emily's house to watch, "Les Mis". The little girls and Jon are watching, "Barbie And The Pink Shoes".

Jonathan and I had a nice outing today. We had to take the minivan for inspection to the small town, then went to the small city in the big van...we stopped first at the pet store to look longingly at the puppies. I asked how much they were: $699 to $999. Seriously? Suri is a pure bred Lab, and was $400. Which, in my humble opinion, crazy. But we love her so she was worth every penny Gramma paid for her. Anyway...those puppies were SO cute. I wanted them all. How would I have chosen if I had that kind of money in my pocket?

We Walmart-ed, and went to the grocery store, and spent some time with Aunt Kim, who was also out and about in the small city. She just returned from a nice trip to the southern states, her daughter Liz married a newly enlisted sailor this past Saturday. Kim helped them move into their new place:)

Oh, we also went to Marshall's, where I bought some cute little receiving blankets, a dinosaur blue ones, and pink and green ones. Since they don't know if baby is a he or a she yet. Oh, I am going to love being a Grammy! Even a long-distance one.

Oh, Suri was a bad puppy last night. She got into the bathroom garbage, the kitchen garbage, AND she ate my glasses case. She didn't pee on the living room floor though.

I got her some chewy bones today though, and will remember to put the garbage cans up before bed tonight. Because Puppy can't resist:)

This afternoon I started my latest project, cleaning out the end of the living room. We use it for play/storage, but there is much wasted space. I want to get rid of some things, and get another couch or a futon. Maybe some bean bag chairs, another small carpet to make that area cozy. I can't part with all the dollhouse stuff, but I might get rid of the Little Tikes kitchen.

I do form attachments to toys! I love them! I hate to get rid of them. Jonathan and I looked at the toys in two stores today, and really enjoyed it. There are new Fisher Price dollhouse things out that I don't have, and it kills me not to buy them....but we have bins and bins of it, and don't need anymore, cute as it is!

Jonathan has a new Nerf gun today, it has a red sight light on it, and is very cool. He is shooting everything. It is for his birthday, which is the last day of the month, but it would be too mean to make him wait, so I let him have it today.

So much for my latest exercise plans...I didn't do anything today. I kept thinking I would, but never did. dang. But. There is always tomorrow....








8 comments:

Mary Kate said...

Congratulations!!!!! Wonderful!!!! God bless the new little one!

Angela said...

Congratulations and best wishes to Ben and Ashley!! And gramma too, of course!!!

Martha said...

Congratulations, Grammy!
Grandbabies are fun and they don't keep you up at night. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting!! Congratulations to them both!

Unknown said...

Congrats on being a grandma soon. I love grandmotherhood:O), I have 3 grandsons 3, 1 1/2 and 1 and a new baby due in October.

Allison said...

gah! congrats! so many new babies around... :)

Grace said...

Congratulations & best wishes to Ben and Ashley. You will love being a grandma, even at long distance. Skype will be your friend ... we Skype with our California grandkids at least once a week.

OurLilFullFam said...

I haven't been online in forever. What exciting news!

Stephanie