summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

a break....

in the weather, that is.... We got some snow. This is Margaret, our number nine child, outside with the kids. She just graduated from high school, and has some time on her hands...between teaching French to the small ones, teaching herself Norwegian, giving piano lessons, and being the #1 driver for her sisters. She is hoping to go to Norway in June for a year:)

Camille...

Suri loves the snow.


Sonja K....she had a real snow day, off from school.

Today, we have a break, no snow in the forecast. It will get really really cold by the end of the week, with nightly temperatures of -10 F (-23C). Right now it is a balmy 13, but hey, it's not snowing! I know, I know, it's winter in the northeast....

And today, since we are having such a vacation from the snow, in that we don't have to shovel a foot of it to get out of the driveway this fine morning, we are celebrating by going...to the dreaded MALL. The big one in the big city. Why are you doing this crazy thing, you might ask. Well, there is a Microsoft store there, and Kathryn has a Surface which has given her trouble. They fixed it a few months back, and it's not really fixed, and her warranty runs out in March. Plus, these kids have been in this house a lot, these homeschoolers. So we will brave the food court, which is no problem for them. Especially when I let them actually choose what they want to eat. It's like new terrain, when the older ones were littler they remember going to the mall with sandwiches in a lunch box under the carriage, if I didn't have a coupon for Buy One Get One Free pizza.

I am not supposed to be sitting here if we are going bye-bye. I need to get the girls ready, ect...but after getting up and showering and sweeping and picking things up...I got some coffee, took my vitamins, made my sprouted grain toast with butter and the tiniest bit of honey, counted out ten almonds, and planted my considerably sized behind in it's favorite place. Camille has been dancing around asking when we are going, when are we going. Jonathan has been prattling on about how much sugar are in juice boxes, and Kathryn texted me from her room and asked if we are going. So, it's up from this chair and out the door for me...

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

You guys have had sooooo much snow!!!! Boston has had something like 6 feet this year!!!!!! Yikes.........it seems to me the weather is getting more extreme every year. Have fun at the mall :-)

Marilyn from Canada

mommeeof10 said...

You need more firewood! My sister and BIL own 38 Acres, mostly wooded, but they are too far from you? They live north and west of Rome, I think. I remember going to Verona Beach state park, heading north past the amusement park on Oneida Lake for several miles, then turning east? They keep buying more property around them and planting hardwood trees, ones like hickory and walnuts, to help feed the wildlife and that will be useful to make furniture when they are mature. My parents have a free supply of firewood. BIL will cut down dead trees and cut them to length. My parents pick the wood up, take it back to Herkimer and split it. My sister has a Propane fireplace. ;)

FLMom7 said...

That is a LOT of snow:) I live in Florida and miss the snow up north (believe it or not!). I don't miss driving in it though, of course. I like when you share your pics and stories of winter and the snow. I just took a trip up to Chicago to see my son graduate from Navy boot camp, and there was a lot of snow there too (right by Lake Michigan/Great Lakes). I think you have more though.

Martha said...

You and I do things alike.
:0)