summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 15, 2015

cold cold cold...


Jana, this is my new garbage can. I like it. The lid slides open, allowing the trash to overflow without the lid swinging into it. It can be found at Wallyworld, online.

It is cold today. Colder than cold. Freeeeeeezing. My fingers are numb. It is zero right now. It is supposed to be -15 tonight (-26C) It highest temperature in the next week: 28 next Sunday. So winter break is going to be like living in the movie...Frozen. I just made hot cocoa and hot tea for the kids...Suzanne doesn't feel well, she was just sick to her stomach. Poor girl.



We could barely get the door opened this morning...snow!


Syracuse didn't beat Duke, but they put up a good fight. And, we had fun! What a nice way to celebrate Valentine's Day, eh? Paul and I didn't mind...

The kids are now watching, "Mr. Deeds" with Adam Sandler, which makes us all miss Samuel. He still spouts lines from this movie.

Benjamin is planting flowers today, as it is sixty degrees out there in Washington state. My mother-in-law is in Florida, it is warm there too. If I won the lottery, I would be visiting the both of them this month:) With all the cold children. We aren't complaining though, we talk about spring as if it's some mythical creature....hope is a really powerful thing.

Charlotte Claire and Camille don't get bored. Today, they are changing their room around. (When furniture must get moved, it must get moved! Women get that thought in their head, and that furniture must be moved!) They keep themselves pretty busy, moving the even the bunkbeds, but I made them promise to get Daddy to help them do that. They don't want me to come in until they are done, to surprise me. I do look through their garbage though, they throw out good stuff instead of putting it away sometimes. And Cam has made a few trips to the hamper....

Jonathan has been flying his quadcopter all day, when the battery is charged. I told him that drones are the future, he won't even have to go to college, he can get a job flying one for a news agency or an private detective.

Emily and Mirielle came to visit today. I was just mixing up a triple batch of chocolate chip cookies...to warm up the house, of course. I sent some home with them, and with Jon's friend who was visiting.

Ah well. Life is good. Cold, but good.

No comments: