summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 12, 2015

keep trying to write this...

It's cold out. Windy and cold. I had to put gas in the minivan today, and brr. Kathryn and I went out and about for a few things today, since tomorrow it's going to be even colder, perhaps not even hitting zero, and windy. We went to Target for batteries for a quadcopter that Jon ordered with his Christmas money. It came today after much anxious waiting. The kid had the tracking number, but the thing shipped from the Netherlands, ordered from China, so it took several weeks. He had signed up for an email alert of it's progress, but still wouldn't leave the house this week without confirmation that someone here would be on the look out for it, lest the mail-lady not deliver it.

He is happier than heck right now. The quadcopter videos and takes pictures...it is a remote control helicopter with four propellers. Too much fun. But I daresay, the waiting was the best part.

Anyway. I have been having an interesting week. I have been thinking of the verse Rom 12:9, "abhor what is evil and cling to what is good..." It's glaringly simple to see evil out there in the big bad world, but perhaps that verse means a little bit more...like maybe some of the thoughts that run through my very own brain. For example, my husband: he is not a walking Hallmark card. He doesn't buy into the Every Kiss Begins With Kay philosophy. He isn't always extra chatty, to say the least. And all of this is fine. I love him, he is a good guy. But he is who he is. I am who I am. End of story.

I can't articulate what I want to say, but I am working on being content and thankful.

Today is a good day, my sister's little grandson Davian is here with us to play. He is astoundingly smart. He just turned three years old and he can read. He can read anything. He was having cookies and milk, and oh he liked those Oreos. I told him to remember how to spell that, and write it on his Mama's shopping list...

There are two big fat chickens in the oven, and it smells good in here. I will roast some potatoes and heat up some veggies. I have been getting little surprises for the kids for Valentine's Day. I didn't wrap them but I put name tags on them for tomorrow.

We are hoping school is cancelled tomorrow, because of the cold and the wind. We only have two getting on that bus in the morning these days...

Camille is really hungry, she says, which I doubt, since she had milk and cookies an hour ago. Those Oreos smelled good, looked good, but they are really evil little things, trying to trick me into having just one...ha. I resisted. I am sipping a rasberry coffee from Tim Horten's...sugar free, of course....

3 comments:

FLmom7 said...

Your husband is not a walking Hallmark card...oh man, I can relate to that! I'm sure lots of women can, LOL.

Susan said...

I had to Google the quadcopter-yep-it looks like too much fun!
Della, when I read your blog I always get a positive message. Thank you for providing that.

Martha said...

I think I understand your inability to articulate. Perhaps this is a more common occurrence than most women would care to believe. (It's been a rough and "quiet" week around here. *sigh*
I'm hoping for a snow day too.
:0)