summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 7, 2015

saturday....

picnic, anyone?

This snowbank is taller than Miss Charlotte Claire!


Char, Camille, and Jonathan went with me to pick Paul up from the airport. (Emily 30, Margaret 18, Kathryn 16, Evelyn 15, Suzanne 13, and Sonja 12, went out to dinner by themselves). So I took the three youngest to Panera Bread. I got a half salad, Asian with chicken and almonds, dressing on the side, which I didn't eat. I did eat the fresh baguette, and I bought a loaf of their cinnamon raisin bread to take home. Okay, I also bought a bear-claw (a pastry with lemony flavor, cinnamon, brown sugar, and toasted almonds), which I shared equally with the kids. Well, mostly equally. And I had coffee. They had soup bowls and grilled cheese sandwiches. The wife of my nephew said that her husband wouldn't go to Panera because he can make soup and sandwiches at home, why should he pay for food then have to take care of his own dishes? I found that too, last night. All that money to eat, and you have to clear your own table. hmph. But clearing up after only four of us, and not having to wash the dishes, it wasn't too shabby.

Charlotte Claire had a loose tooth, and pulled it out in the parking lot. It was drama, of course. Blood! I enjoyed it thoroughly. She was absolutely thrilled, I don't know why kids like losing teeth so much.

I can't do the math, but I certainly have Been There Done That with kids losing teeth.

And no, the Tooth Fairy didn't remember to come last night.

Paul is home, it is so nice to have him back. He is busy doing stuff, but he'll crash sometime in the afternoon because of jet lag.

Yay, the Panera cinnamon bread is gone! I only had a little bit of it, and now it's gone, yay!

I made Paleo pumpkin cookies the other day, with raisins. I used coconut flour. They are so moist and yummy. I had a few for breakfast with my coffee. They are good and satisfying, but not the kind of thing I want to eat all of in one sitting.

I have chicken in the 'fridge, I think I will make some Chinese food for dinner.

Five kids are in here right now, so I think I will be done with this now. Today is a good day, it is snowing out, and we will probably stay home.

No comments: