summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

it's the middle of the night....

Yet here I sit...decompressing. I almost said, "decomposing", but that wasn't the right word.

It has been a long and eventful day. I went with Mali to her appointment, and saw that little baby on a sonogram. A nice steady heartbeat, and a healthy looking little blessing.

Mali came over here for a while, and even fixed lunch for the little kids. She made them mac and cheese, applesauce, and carrots and green pepper slices. She chilled on the couch with a blanket while I sat with my feet up and had coffee.

Then...the basketball game at the Dome. I filled nacho trays and waited on some customers, but it was a late game, starting at 9:00pm, and not very many people buying food. I was supposed to pick up my three daughters from the airport at 11:40 pm, in Rochester, but they flew into Binghamton instead. Mini road trip! Kim, my sister-in-law and dear friend, volunteered to go with me. Kathryn wanted to come along too...she has been battling migraine headaches, and the Dome was not agreeing with her. So, off we went, down route 81 toward Binghamton.

We stopped for coffee, yum, and may or may not have had a peanut donut. What is eaten on a road trip stays on the road trip.

Anyway, we picked up three happy and suntanned daughters, and headed home.

They visited the gulf coast, went out on a boat and watched the manatees, shopped, went to dinner, relaxed at the pool....and came home happy as can be. When we got out of the van at home, Margaret was pretty surprised at all the snow. The snowbank near the road is as tall as the mailbox.

It is now 2:00 a.m., and I need to go to bed. The crazy kitty is sleeping on my arms, making typing almost impossible. I have already gently relocated him twice, but he purrs and finds his way back to me.

I came home to a very clean house, and am ready to hug a few excellent babysitters.

Tomorrow, I need to get some small children out of the house. They need to get out and do something fun. Problem is, we need some groceries, and they don't think shopping is fun.

And, I will probably sleep in a little.

Yeah, so I am almost sleeping in my chair.

I have nodded off a few times here, and this disjointed post with the kindergarten-like writing is not one of my favorites, but oh well. Tomorrow is another day....

1 comment:

CARLA said...

(((hugs)))
It IS IS IS ANOTHER AND NEW DAY.