summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

the little details of life....


I've always wanted to be one of those people who took care of things as they arose, but alas I am a pile-er. Phone calls, store returns, things I'm going to list on ebay...things that grow and multiply until they are like the couch clothes-monster....too big to shake a stick at.

And when I get good and tired of waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back to sleep, I take care of things. Then I feel like Mrs. Accomplished.

I will spare you the boring details but, as I am leaving for a week, I have to make sure there are rations here for both teenagers and pets. These older kids of mine will be on the runway in their plane, taking off, right as our plane touches down, on the day we return from Seattle...they will be heading for their much awaited trip to Israel. So anything they need for the trip from me has to be handled BEFORE I leave for Seattle next week. Money, luggage, trips to the store for important things like gum and deodorant.

Also the day we return is the day the three and a half year old twins come here for their ten day visit, as their parents (my sister's daughter and her husband) will be going to Israel too.

The kids haven't started their school work yet because for some reason they have decided to clean their rooms, and in what universe would a mother interrupt that rare and wonderful occurrence?

Mali is coming over later with little Llama...

She is a good mama, Mali is. Lydia is growing and getting chubby cheeks:)

We are thinking of going apple picking, but with the warmth and sunshine coming back, maybe a trip to the park.

Davian is here now, little sunshine himself.

Yesterday we stopped for ice cream...here's Davian with Camille.



Jonathan, Davian, Charlotte Claire, and Camille...

We need to start school...now that their rooms are picked up and the hampers are overflowing...see how that works? Anyhow, this place is busy and here I sit, Bad Mom Award.

No comments: