summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

it was a dark and rainy day....



Camille carved the big one all by herself.


Kitty pumpkin, by Olivia, my niece. She so kindly did it for Davian, who brought it home with him:)


Miss Char...homeschooling is so cozy sometimes.

Today, we have rain. It's dark, it's chilly, and it's so cozy in here I can't stand it. I have a mug of pumpkin spice coffee, blended with coconut oil and half and half. The girls are sleeping in, and I have to go wake them up to start school, but...I will in a minute.

Margaret is not coming home for Christmas, she is staying in Norway. Abigail is in Norway too, and might go to Dubai for Christmas. wah. But, the experience of celebrating somewhere else might be good for them. Me, mother hen, wants them all here, but...

Evelyn has been texting me from school, shh. She doesn't have a phone, just an ipod, but the school has wifi, so has been asking me to please pick her up at 2 o'clock. Why? Because it's Wednesday. 1/2 off at the thrift store. And tomorrow we have a Halloween celebration, and then Friday it's trick or treat...she probably wants to look for costume stuff. Oh, yes, just what I want to do, head out and about when it's pouring rain, and the wind is supposed to be gusting at like 50 m.p.h. this afternoon. But I said I would pick her up. Because...well, just because.

So yesterday we went to pick out pumpkins at a farm down the road, which is where we bought our "new' minivan. There were cats and kittens running around, and the lady there was fine with the kids petting them...they wanted to bring one home, but sometimes I am a grown up and know enough to act like one, and we just came home with pumpkins and apples.

Roasted pumpkin seeds, yum! After they dried out in the oven, I tossed them in butter, salt, and pepper, and put them back in for a bit, and they are pretty good.

Dinner: corned beef, red potatoes, carrots, and onions. I love when I put dinner in the oven, smell it cooking all afternoon...just knowing that I have accomplished something, knowing what's for dinner instead of the 5 o'clock panic.

I picked pears from the tree in the yard, maybe tomorrow I'll bake some pear/apple pies for the party. The skins are blemished and thick, but the insides taste good, and are wonderful in pies.

As for now, we have to hit the books...I like to do a lot of schooling when it's a rainy day:)


No comments: