summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 2, 2015

three 3 year olds....

One super cool cash register. Sebastian particularly likes it. He sits there sliding those credit cards that come in the mail, and plays with old grocery store receipts and has some real money in there. He just likes it. But of course the other two want their turn.

It's funny because I knew this week would be a lot of work, and I knew it would be fun, but I didn't fully realize how much I would totally fall in love with these kids. Davian comes here often, and I truly missed him when I was out west, but there is plenty of room in my heart for these twins too.


(not two minutes after this picture, they started running around like crazy...ha)

Anyhow. The snuggles and the sweetness and the silly things they say...Linnea told Paul that when her papa used to be old, his name was Paul too. They bring stuffed animals to the table and like to sit with me when they wake up. I make sure I tell Davian how much I love him, and give him some extra hugs, so he doesn't feel like these two are getting more attention.

They definitely need firmness and boundaries, but mostly they need what I have the least of, ha, patience. Patience and praise and love and attention. It puts me in a good place, a place where I find myself seeking God. I don't take it lightly that these parents have entrusted me with their kids.

And now it's time for Lydia to come over and spend the day with Grammy...ha, I am a Grandmother. Lydia is five weeks old now, and just as sweet as ever. Linnea, who is not yet four, assured me that she knows how to change a diaper. They say they are going to help with the baby.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you are babysitting these kiddos or do you have custody? Not sure I remember if you have mentioned it before.

Holly

16 blessings'mom said...

I watch Davian most days, and the twins are here for 12 days while their parents are in Israel with our church youth group. Their mom is actually looking after two of my daughters there, so it all works out. And my new granddaughter Lydia comes over sometimes (she's almost 6 weeks), because my daughter works.