summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

a sunny day, a puppy's birthday, and more pictures...



The other day, Cam and I were heading out and about, and when we met at the door to leave, we looked at each other and oh my goodness, we were twins.

I did go on my walk this morning, yay me.

Waffletown. Lydia likes me to get down on the floor and play with her. I negotiated, I set it up, then sneaked off the floor. Or rather, heaved off the floor. We left it all out, not because we're lazy, but because Miss Anne is coming over this fine morning, and she'll love to play with it with Lydia!


And so many lovely wedding pics, they're so happy. I talked to Sam last night, and he's just so thrilled to be married.

And Miss Suri turned seven years old yesterday. She has a little tiny bit of white coming in on her beard, and oh my heart. Dogs should not grow old and feeble. She has, as Mirielle says, the cutest face on the planet. She's not perfect, she likes to bark at people, and if she starts a good jaunt down the street, you can call her name, she can stop and look over her shoulder at you, weigh her options, and trot away. Not always, but. But oh she's a sweetheart. She just wants pets and pets and pets. If you came to our house, she would bark at you, maybe even make a little growly noise, but she would be wagging the whole time and asking to be pet. Like, doing her job, but with a smile on her face.

Yesterday was a stay at home day, we got some school work done. For dinner, I made Chinese food...sort of. A huge package of fresh boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces, and put into a big baggie of marinade (some lemon and lime juices, a splash of olive oil, lots of Montreal Chicken Seasoning. A few hours later, the batter: a cup of flour, a cup of corn starch, salt and pepper (some people addd sugar), and a cup and a half of water or so, mixed, add all the chicken, stir it up...heat oil in a deep pan, and you're ready to add those pieces of chicken. I use little tongs to drop them into the pan. We also had jasmine rice (a teaspoon for me), and lots of fresh asparagus, yum. I didn't make homemade sauce because we didn't have some of the ingredients, but we have lots of bottles of sesame chicken sauce, etc., so we were all set. The kids really like when I make this, it's very occasional, ha.

Miss Lydia spent the night, and the older kids were at a youth meeting, so lots of Grandma time with Lydia. We read lots of books...Pinkalicious, Curious George, Mooch The Messy...it's hilarious when she wants a turn to read to me, and she makes it up as she goes along. In our Three Bears book, after Goldilocks jumps out the window and runs away, the bears are looking out the window and there's a chicken in the grass. Lydia said, "Goldilocks turned into a chicken." It was so funny, she had that face she gets when she's not sure if someone is laughing with her or at her. Which made me laugh even more. Oh dear. But getting her brushed and flushed and into her jammies is kind of nice.

Today, Margaret needs some help with Wulf. She works full time from home, and takes care of the busy little Mr. too, I don't know how she does it. Today there are some important calls, so we might drive up there (25 minutes away), and take him to a play ground or something for a while so she can work. I don't think Anne and Lydia would mind a little road trip and a play ground...do you?

Right now I'm soaking in the quiet, before Lydia wakes up, and Anne arrives. My coffee is hot, the dogs have been out and back in, fed, and are snoring. I'm pretending not to notice the floors need to be swept...

No comments: